Honored Contributor

Re: Looking For My Forever Foundation. Can You Help?

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

What are some of your favorite tinted moisturizers for over 50 dry skin?

@SurferWife   Of course, Bobbi Brown Tinted Moiturizer...great shade range. Laura Mercier does one I like, but some do not like the newer formula. NARS does a good one and Estée Lauder recently came out with a tinted moisturizer. Many companies are doing them now as so few women like the look and feel of full coverage foundation. I think Lancôme has a good one, too. Chanel, Tom Ford and Armani are ridiculously expensive.

***Just because it's a tinted moisturizer doesn't mean you can't wear moisturizer under it if skin still feels too dry. In winter, I have to do that. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

@SurferWife   Of course, Bobbi Brown Tinted Moiturizer...great shade range. Laura Mercier does one I like, but some do not like the newer formula. NARS does a good one and Estée Lauder recently came out with a tinted moisturizer. Many companies are doing them now as so few women like the look and feel of full coverage foundation. I think Lancôme has a good one, too. Chanel, Tom Ford and Armani are ridiculously expensive.

***Just because it's a tinted moisturizer doesn't mean you can't wear moisturizer under it if skin still feels too dry. In winter, I have to do that. 

Thank you @Shanus!

I'm going to try the Estée Lauder one.  I need one for every day & I read a rave review from a redhead that hit home with me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

Thank you @Shanus!

I'm going to try the Estée Lauder one.  I need one for every day & I read a rave review from a redhead that hit home with me.

@SurferWife   I really think you should look into the Ilia Skin Tint. It is a serum consistency but it provides a light to medium coverage. It does not feel heavy at all. I really like it for the warmer weather. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@SurferWife   I really think you should look into the Ilia Skin Tint. It is a serum consistency but it provides a light to medium coverage. It does not feel heavy at all. I really like it for the warmer weather. 

@wvumountiefan 

I will definitely check it out!  It looks like they are out of the shade I need (based on their shade finder).  It does look like one I definitely need to try.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan 

I will definitely check it out!  It looks like they are out of the shade I need (based on their shade finder).  It does look like one I definitely need to try.

@SurferWife 

I use the Ilia Serum Tint with SPF and the Serum Foundation.

Very happy with them!

Ilia just wrapped up their F&F sale, so are no doubt out of several shades, but they are very good about letting you know when something is back in and they do NOT beat you to death with emails.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

My skin is also dry. So I look for foundations that are radiant or lumious. I stay away from anything that says matte. Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance is a beautiful foundation with load of colors. Wander Beauty Nude Illusion is also very nice but their colors are a bit more limited. I also like the new Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Foundation. BTW these are all $45-48.

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

If you are willing to go $10. more than $50., Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow SPF25 is phenomenal! I have tried dozens of foundations and this one stands alone in terms of wearability and shades. When it says "glow", they mean it. Somehow it gives you a glow while staying matte. Its just amazing. 

@furbabylover , even though I have many favorites, I am also a foundation junkie.Will have to check this out. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife 

I use the Ilia Serum Tint with SPF and the Serum Foundation.

Very happy with them!

Ilia just wrapped up their F&F sale, so are no doubt out of several shades, but they are very good about letting you know when something is back in and they do NOT beat you to death with emails.

@Drythe 

Thanks for the feedback!  They are out of the color that is supposed to be the one for me.  I did sign-up for an email when it returns.  It's between this one & Estee' Lauder.

There are sooooooo many beauty brands out there today, it's so hard to decide anymore & since I like the more expensive brands, I hate to buy anything without recommendations.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  Finding the correct shade and undertone is the trick. These are different from eachother. Your undertone is the cool, neutral or warm and never changes. Shade selection fair, light, medium and dark can change with the seasons, self tanning, etc. 

What makes it more confusing is you can have a slight olive undertone, but still require a fair or light shade. Olive does not automatically put you in a medium. 

With testers unavailable now, new shade selections will be difficult. I'm hoping samples to take home or try in store will be made. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan 

@SurferWife   I bought mine from Credo Beauty dot com. It’s a Clean Beauty online store. I think Beautylish sells it also.