Honored Contributor

Looking For Anti-aging Moisturizer

[ Edited ]

For quite a while now I have been using IT Secret Sauce moisturizer for daytime.  I loved it more than anything I've ever used. I have dry skin and it took care of that and left me with a little glow. I don't do any harsh chemicals that dry out my aging skin. 

Sadly, they did away with  the original Secret Sauce and the replacement isn't getting great reviews so now I'm looking for something else. Any suggestions for something very hydrating for daytime use that leaves a glow?

Super Contributor

Re: Looking For Anti-aging Moisturizer

I swear by Beakman 1802 products. I only use their bar soaps now and my skin has never been better. I also use their skin care beauty products. I just re-ordered their bloom cream with the collegen booster electric daisy and peptide serum. It is wonderful. I ordered it on HSN though because it is cheaper. For the 2 of them it is $59.00. I am 70 years old and need all the help I can get!

Respected Contributor

The two I like are Clinique and Truly Glowing gel cream by Burt's Bees'....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, the term "anti-aging" is a gimmicky buzzword.  Nothing will really stop aging, will it?  And there's nothing wrong with aging.  It's inevitable so we all better get used to it.  That said, we can still take care of ourselves as best as possible.  

Alpha Skincare Body Lotion is an excellent facial moisturizer for daytime.  You only need a small amount. You may also want to check out the Neutrogena brand.  They have many lines to choose from, that center around added moisture.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

IMO, the term "anti-aging" is a gimmicky buzzword.  Nothing will reall stop aging, will it?  And there's nothing wrong with aging.  It's inevitable so we all better get used to it.  That said, we can still take care of ourselves as best as possible.  

Alpha Skincare Body Lotion is an excellent facial moisturizer for daytime.  You only need a small amount. You may also want to check out the Neutrogena brand.  They have many lines to choose from, that center around added moisture.

@jubilant I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost City Shield Gel Cream with SPF 25.  It really keeps my hydrated throughout the day.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

IMO, the term "anti-aging" is a gimmicky buzzword.  Nothing will reall stop aging, will it?  And there's nothing wrong with aging.  It's inevitable so we all better get used to it.  That said, we can still take care of ourselves as best as possible.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Well said.

I'm pro-aging. To the max.

Esteemed Contributor

The term "anti-aging" in skincare doesn't impress me. I check for hydration, covering some uneven skin tone and improving skin texture. There is no such thing as "anti-aging", since everyone will eventually get older. The thing to look as presentable as possible while feeling good about yourself. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I think most "anti-aging" things contain peptides. It is, though, a great marketing term! Smiley Happy

My moisturizer these days is Dr. Kaplan's, (w/ peptides, et.al.) and it is one of my favorites. Have to get it on Q; it's too expensive otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Ladies... the reason I said anti-aging is that word is in the name of the IT cosmetics that I really liked. It kept me moisturized all day and had something in it that others didn't.... and my face just had this beautiful glow all day.  Whatever it is....I had never had that happen before.  

Some of these replies sound interesting. There are a few I'm going to try.  Do any of these give a dewy look?  Thanks so much for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  - Here's a 35.00 discovery set by Dr. Kaplan that has a day moisturizer and night moisturizer.  A527245

@Harpa  - Is the night moisturizer the one you use?