Honored Contributor

I'm in a rut and getting bored with the fragrances I have. I was wondering what some of your favorites are and maybe you can recommend something. I have used Philosophy's Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, Unconditional Love, and Falling In Love. I like a light scent, nothing too heavy, with notes of vanilla, caramel, praline, citrus, or musk. I was wondering if I would like Donna Karan's Cashmere or any of Marc Jacob's fragrances. So what are some of your favorites?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking For A New Fragrance

I recommend Prada Candy Kiss - a new Prada Candy version. It is divine! It seems to have caramel notes to me, which I love. I really love the original Prada Candy, too. If you like it, I'd think you'd like the new "Kiss" version. 

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing "Moonlight Path" from Bath and Body Works for many years.  I did wear Tova Signature for years and years until the formula changed and it didn't smell the same on me anymore.  A few years ago I tried Amazing Grace and didn't care for it and gave it away.  Actually, I'd like to try something new also.  I always wonder how the Nest fragrances are when I see the presentations. 

Honored Contributor

I've used Amazing Grace for a long time.  I've also used Channel No.5 and Clinique's Happy.  Mostly I use Amazing Grace.  I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.  Weird really because for about 2 years now I can't smell it at all.  I don't get as many compliments as I used to (I think it's watered down).

It is very subjective as far as perfume goes.  It also smells differently on people.  I would think it would be best to go to a place that has many, many different kinds (like Ulta) and try different ones on you....then decide.

Respected Contributor

Some of my favorites are:

-Chanel #19 (my signature scent)

-Amazing Grace

-Tova and Tova Summer

-Shalimar and Shalimar Light

-Jovan White Musk

Sometimes I just wear scented body lotion, there is a Honey one that I like (I got at a garden center of all places) and Lemon Custard Body Lotion from Philosophy

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I think your answer is the BEST. It's hard to pick out a fragrance for someone. Like you said it can smell different on you and me and someone else. Don't try them all on at once. Spray a card first then see what you may think you will like. Then try before you buy.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I recommend Prada Candy Kiss - a new Prada Candy version. It is divine! It seems to have caramel notes to me, which I love. I really love the original Prada Candy, too. If you like it, I'd think you'd like the new "Kiss" version. 

I bought Prada Candy once and did like it. I have heard about this new one and I know there is also a floral one too. 

Honored Contributor

I have way too many fragrances, but I got a sample of Clean's Blonde Rose in my Sephora Play box, and I've been using it  for a week. I've never used all of a sample before, it's light and pretty, and not at all overpowering. It's really hard to find just the right scent isn't it??🌺🌺🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Leeny Thanks for your kind words...If the person is serious about looking for a 'signature' perfume....I'd spray it, then even go home and wait, maybe even try it again before deciding.  Perfume is expensive these days (good ones are...well some of them are, not necessarily good either, just name brands...  It should not be an easy decision.

So, this has happened several times.  Just the other day, again, a person who works in a Drs ofc I go to told me I smelled soooo good.  So, for the second time, I took her a bottle of Amazing Grace lotion.  I get a lot of it so I've done this before.  It's fun to see their faces when you remember to bring it.  Same Drs office but I know one didn't tell the other because there were a few months in between when one came and one left to pursue college.  They both really liked the scent.  I've done things like that before.

My (now adult) daughters have told me things like, "I like her because she smells good like you Mom".  Things like that.  Sometimes they get down (children driving them crazy, the world driving them crazy) and they'll call me and say, "So I sprayed some of your perfume and I felt close to you and felt so much better Mom".  I just think that's sweet that they still miss me (we all get down at times) and just my signature smell takes them back to a time in their life when things were uncomplicated and easier....we all need that sometimes....

Honored Contributor

Ever since I first got a whiff of this over 20 years ago, I've never used another fragrance.  It's clean, crisp and non-flowery.  At Sephora and department stores.

20160916_173727.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment