Honored Contributor

If I did not color my hair, the color could only be described as Squirrel. It is not a good look with my skin tone.

Valued Contributor

hadassah:

It's ridiculous the way you parsed Jill words looking for malevolent meanings and insulting innuendos. Really had to reach for that one.

Maria

Valued Contributor

No way I'm going gray!

Regular Contributor
Hello ladies! I am very new to the boards and at the moment posting from my phone so please forgive me if I make mistakes-you should see my texting! I think people with grey and white hair are beautiful! I pray for white hair when my time comes. I have Grey hair but my ash blonde hair hides it. Its weird. I actually think I have more than it actually looks like I have. There is a volunteer lady where I work and she has the most beautiful white hair I have ever seen. I told my dh that i might grow my greys in. I haven't colored in 2 years. He very nicely but honestly said that he's not ready for me to do that. I'm almost 47 but when I'm out with my adult sons everyone thinks I'm there girlfriend or sister. Plus dh is the best and is just being honest so I'm not mad or anything. Heck. He was growing his white gotee and then shaved it and I almost died! I love gotees and beards. But he feels the white makes him look older and sometimes people think I'm his daughter and I'm older than him. So it goes both ways but I would love him to have his white beard down to his belly button! I love gray and white hair!
Respected Contributor

I think most men with a good set of hair in a white or silver color usually look great! It's very eye catching.

Esteemed Contributor

My hair is silver grey. I get compliments. I don't have to pay the big bucks to color it. I am very happy. But everyone has to make their own choices. I have made mine.

Super Contributor
On 4/6/2014 peace6576 said:
On 4/2/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Why would anyone be stunned that a host or anyone, for that matter, would state the obvious? It's not as if she said that people SHOULD color their gray; she simply said that people DO color their gray.

Exactly. What a non-issue…just a way for the OP to spout off from her soapbox about her "superiority" for not coloring her hair.

I don't think she thinks she's superior. I think she was just saying that she was a hairdresser that is enjoying her natural hair and what wen has done for it.

She was a little harsh talking about blonds.

Super Contributor

I think women that go grey may have to put a little extra effort into their looks. Most need a good style and cut and may have to be a little more meticulous in their makeup. I think I look better today than I did when I was 35, almost 25 yrs ago. I need a little color on my lips and cheeks, so I don't look washed out.

Valued Contributor

Chemotherapy last summer caused total hair loss for me and because I had been coloring my grey roots for a few years already, I was concerned about what it would look like when and if my hair started coming back in all grey. I was absolutely not prepared for what I got, a beautiful salt and pepper combo and the more it grew in the better it looked. Hubby loves it, as does DD and I do as well. Friends have said they hope I don't color it back to it's original natural brown so here I am, different from before but in so many ways, better as well. I no longer have to deal with grey roots between touch ups nor do I have to deal with the touch ups themselves which frees up both time and money.

It's a win/win for me...

Maria

Super Contributor
On 4/7/2014 curlywhitedog said:

Chemotherapy last summer caused total hair loss for me and because I had been coloring my grey roots for a few years already, I was concerned about what it would look like when and if my hair started coming back in all grey. I was absolutely not prepared for what I got, a beautiful salt and pepper combo and the more it grew in the better it looked. Hubby loves it, as does DD and I do as well. Friends have said they hope I don't color it back to it's original natural brown so here I am, different from before but in so many ways, better as well. I no longer have to deal with grey roots between touch ups nor do I have to deal with the touch ups themselves which frees up both time and money.

It's a win/win for me...

Maria

I know Maria! Isn't it wonderful!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} challenges come into our lives in many different ways... glad to hear you are doing well.