Valued Contributor

Long wear eyeliner

[ Edited ]

Can someone please recommend a long wear eyeliner please. I need it for the inner water line.

I have mac and it smudges so i purchased the laura geller "long wear" kajal eyeliner and it is terrible! After 10 minutes, the eyeliner is all over my eyes and down to my cheeks. Such false advertising about that one. Its makes the eyes look so messy. My eye cream is not oil based so im not sure why its smudging. 

I would love some recommendations. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: Long wear eyeliner

[ Edited ]

I have three that I can recommend (not in any particular order)...all are automatic pencils:

1 - Colourpop Gel - $4 - Some colors better than others.

2 - NYX Retractable - $5 - Again, some colors better than others.

3 - Wet n Wild Megalast Retractable - $2 - All are pretty much the same as for quality.

I've used all brands in my waterline and they're all good.

Regular Contributor

Mally is on now.  A285146.  I have never used it myself.  It's a ODO. Looks like it will stay in place on TV.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever thought about using powdered eyeshadow, applied with a thin flat angled brush?  

Respected Contributor

Clinique Kajal works well for me.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Have you ever thought about using powdered eyeshadow, applied with a thin flat angled brush?  

I’m no expert, but I’m thinking any kind of powder wouldn’t work well or feel very good on the inner water line. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I’m no expert, but I’m thinking any kind of powder wouldn’t work well or feel very good on the inner water line. 🤷‍♀️

I do it all the time without any problem.  My flat brush is very thin and flat.  I just touch the shadow and then touch where I want it applied, no actual stroking.  I use the same method for tightlining the upper lid only I use a straight brush rather than an angled one.  The angled, IMO, works better for the bottom because it allows you to see better.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Long wear eyeliner

[ Edited ]

@Wildapple - I use some of Mally's eyeliner pencils and they last all day and, frankly, are difficult to remove at night.  They don't smear or flake off for me.  Not A285146, tho.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

Can someone please recommend a long wear eyeliner please. I need it for the inner water line.

I have mac and it smudges so i purchased the laura geller "long wear" kajal eyeliner and it is terrible! After 10 minutes, the eyeliner is all over my eyes and down to my cheeks. Such false advertising about that one. Its makes the eyes look so messy. My eye cream is not oil based so im not sure why its smudging. 

I would love some recommendations. 

@mintedrose- I had to return the LG kajal eyeliner because I had the same experience as you.  The only eyeliner that has lasted longer on my waterline is the IT gel liner.  I still have to touch up during the day, but it lasted longer than any others I've tried.  I've never found one that lasts all day on the waterline.

Regular Contributor

I mostly us Avon waterproof eyeliner that are often on sale for $2.99.  I like the dark blue color for the lower rim. Not sure that it is the most waterproof but it lasts the day without running or smugging and is not hard to remove at night. For me it is a nice balance. I do not want something I have to tug to get off and you can not beat the price.