Valued Contributor

I love big curley hair. My hair looks more like Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of UK.

I cut and do highlights myself since the pandemic. I used to get perms but now my hair has some natural curl.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

All this love for big hair...I'm loving it! Smiley Happy  I thought Texas women were made fun of for their big hair.

Anyone with curly hair will tell you that it's all about the cut and the curl pattern.  

SO TRUE!  Now I don't have this kind of curly hair, mine has body and soft waves (more like it sticks out where it wants too!) but the cut is imperative! I had a cut about 3 days ago and at first I thought I was going to look horrible for Christmas.  I was so upset she cut it too short.  I always tell her "choppy choppy choppy and uneven".  She did  but it looked too short.  Yesterday evening I just used the blowdryer and did a trick the Makeover Guy taught me and it is cute as can be!  She better remember what she did! LOL  I have 6 layers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Long permed hair?

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

First, what's the trick?  Please share Cat LOL

I wore my hair long and straight in high school.  This was before flat irons, so I brushed it all forward and pressed it with the steam iron.

My mother went crazy every time I did it. Cat LOL

Then, long curly shags became the rage.  My stylist then knew how to cut and layer a shag and, it was amazing.  I got spoiled never having to style my hair.

Sadly, getting someone to layer it properly has been impossible.  And, I've tried many, many times!

Now, if i let it go I look like a frazzled old lady, so....I smooth it out.  But, I still miss my curls...long live big hair!

Respected Contributor

Not convinced it's her hair.  Looks like a wig to me.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

LOL well the reason I didn't go into details is because I didn't quite know how to explain it and it's only going to work for a certain type of hair and cut.  I have thick hair but cut in so many layers I don't think it looks thick.  My hairdresser says it does.

I lean my head forward (not upside down) and blow it in an outward ...that's not right.  On the sides, using my fingers I blow it from the back towards the front, in a circular motion with my fingers doing the same and then pull the hair backwards.  It's piecey and sticks out a bit on the sides (one side works better than the other).  For the top, I turn my head upside down and just blow dry it in every direction as I pull it backwards.  I separate the bangs first tho.  The back is flat and piecey.  But the Makeover Guy's part of this is the motion of starting at the back with your fingers, going forward and pulling the hair back.  I often do this on top too.  My hair looks something like this when it's a little longer (but the top doesn't go to the right like hers) than it is right now.  Also this motion adds fullness and height to the top.  Add a little Big Sexy Hair Powder Play for grit and staying power and it's good for a few days.  Just fluff n go Smiley Happy  Hope this helped but I have a feeling it didn't Smiley Sad

TREND SETTER by Raquel Welch in R829S+ GLAZED HAZELNUT | Rich Medium Brown with Ginger Highlights on Top

Honored Contributor

I love a long shaggy cut on a head of thick hair.  I no longer wear long hair and to be honest, I don't know if it was considered "long".  Mid shoulder was about as long as it got but it was always cut in layers and "tousled"  Now it's at the bottom of my neck and tousled Smiley Happy  I tell my hairdresser that I judge (my) haircuts by if I can wake up, turn my head upside down, and jiggle my fingers thru it and it looks good, it's a good haircut Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

One morning when I'm well-rested, I'll give it a try Cat LOL

My hair is fine and dries very fast.  I can have it smoothed in less than 10 minutes and...truth be told, it is a better look for my aging face.

Somehow, I don't feel I can carry off that "Flashdance" look anymore...but, I'll experiment a bit when I have the time.

Love that hairstyle by the way...that is Raquel Welch...what a beauty.

Honored Contributor

Re: Long permed hair?

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

Not convinced it's her hair.  Looks like a wig to me.

It does to me, too. @vsm 

Either she's had a hair transplant, had what they call a "line up" or that's a wig. I looked at some older pictures of her and her hairline looks completely different than it does now. I think that hairstyle looks nice on her, whatever it is.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   That family has money.  They are not buying their wigs at the Q or HSN.  They pay big $$$ for their wigs.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I just saw a current picture of Khloe and her hair was the same color blond, but almost to her waist and barely with a wave -- almost straight. Not big hair -- appeared almost thin and straggly.

Not dissing Khloe, since she looked beautiful, but those curls were not her natural hair.

That said, my long hair looks a lot like that photo with a wash and air dry. I always had a bit of wave, but after letting my hair go silver, and treating it kinder, I now have almost spiral curls/waves. It looks like it could be a perm.

I love it, but it only keeps it's fullness for one day. After sleeping on it, it can look a mess, so I have to hot brush it out smoother the following day. Curls are great but can have a mind of their own.