Honored Contributor

I would just like to have a full head of hair that has some body to it. My hair has always been fine, not thick but not thin (its thinning now that I"m older), flat, stick straight with absolutely no body.  Also remember getting perms in the 80's and 90s' because I wanted to at least look like I had hair.  If I don't do something with it, it just lays there flat as can be and looks like I have no hair.  LOL  I really have come to terms with my hair and have it cut in layers now so that helps.  When I went for perms I used to have to go back after 3-4 weeks and get another one because the first one fell flat after about a week but my hair stylist didn't want to do it again right away so we'd wait.  Once I had the second one, then my hair was fine and the perm "took" so to speak.  

Honored Contributor

It looks like a wig to me. The hairline is too perfect for it not to be.

Valued Contributor

I had that big, permed, layered hair in the 80"s too.  Mine was more styled than this but it was great hair.  I think even the hair stylist must have hated doing those perms,  I remember sitting there forever handing her the little papers to begin each rod.  Then Sheena Easton came along with her great hair and I took in an album cover and said "cut my hair like this".  No more perms.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I would have never guessed that was Khloe K!  I wonder what she would really look like today without the surgeries and PSing.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

please don't get me started on her behind and the implants

OUCH!  I can't even Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

That hair is FABULOUS!  If I was younger I would wear it like that, but these days shorter, curly hair is much more flattering on me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I Googled pictures of her.  I haven't seen pictures of her in a very long time.  I thought this looks like a nice normal (I care but I'm not obsessed) look

Khloe Kardashian Is a More 'Militant' Mom Than Her Sisters

Trusted Contributor

Re: Long permed hair?

[ Edited ]

i get perms every 4 to 5 months... i love curly hair... my hair is i'd say medium length ... they use all pink rods, which it a tight curl.. but as it relaxes its real nice.. i been getting perms for way over 20  yrs.. and i always will......... takes not quite  2 hrs.. the rolling the rods takes all the time......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

In my 30s/40s, I had the most beautiful long curly shag hair you can imagine.  It was at least this long, but the curls were a bit tighter.

All I had to do was wash and shake it out.

Fast forward.

Anyone with curly hair will tell you that it's all about the cut and the curl pattern.  

Sadly, I haven't had a decent cut for my hair in over 30 years.  Add to that a changed curl pattern and graying, thinning hair.

Oh, I can still wear it curly, but....it no longer looks wild and beautiful...just wild an unkempt!

I LOVE big curly hair, but mine didn't last forever Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't care if that is a wig or real, I like it a lot. Wish I had that much hair or the wig.

I did perms in the 80's and early 90's too, but then my favorite stylist at the time said I had to make a choice -- color or perm -- I went w/ the color. I have very straight hair that will hold a bit of a bend, until the first sign of humidity, then badda bing, I've got wonky straight hair. Ah well ... there are worse things I can worry about. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."