Frequent Contributor

Long Lasting Lip Stains and/or Lipsticks??

I have tried so many so-called "long lasting" lip stains and lipsticks that are anything but. I have to re-apply so many times!

Has anyone discovered a true all day (or close to all day) stain or lipstick??

Frequent Contributor

Re: Long Lasting Lip Stains and/or Lipsticks??

You know I think the ones I considered long lasting also were dry and caused my lips to crack. If you find one that stays on and is emollient please tell us here!

Honored Contributor

I really don't think anything can last all day and still look good. I'm using some Tarte crayons, some IT lip products, and some from a Korean brand called Holika Holika that are very nice, and last pretty long, but I can't think of one lipstick I've ever tried that look nice, and feel good that would last throughout eating a meal or drinking . To me that doesn't matter anyway because I'd freshen up after eating anyway...touch up with a little powder around the mouth and new lipstick. The only thing I haven't tried yet is Skinn lip markers. They might last longer, color wise, but I think some kind of gloss would have to go over it.

Super Contributor

Fran Wilson's Mood Matcher in brown. Leaves a natural rosy stain that lasts. You can use it as a base and add another color/gloss on top. Mood Matchers come in bizarre colors (black, green etc.) These all leave a magenta stain that stays all day even if you want it to go away. Stick with the brown. Very inexpensive.

Second choice is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable balm/stain. Not as drying as some, and you can top with gloss or balm.

Trusted Contributor

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel. I've had several shades in this, but for some reason the Supermodel (a pretty mauvy color) stays on well and even when it wears off, it leaves a uniform stain. Love it!

Contributor

Here's what works for me, they don't last all day but around 4-6 hours.

stila stay all day liquid lipstick.

My favorite L'oreal infallable lipstick and the new lipgloss, vERY long lasting

benefit, I love the pretty color of the lolli tint, can be used as cheek color too, but never have tried it in this way.

Rimmel provocalips

NYC smooch proof these are very new out in the last month and work very well only $2.77 at walmart.

see how these work for you.

Regular Contributor

MAC Pro-Longwear lipstick (liquid lipstick/stain on one end and gloss on the other). These last all day, however; nothing compares to Max Factor Lipfinity.

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
Esteemed Contributor

I have found Bobbi Brown's lipsticks really stay on for me. Most of her shades are matt which I really like. I also like Mally's all in one lipshine because it has the primer, lipstick and gloss all in one. These last and last.

I am considering trying Lipstick Queen because it has quite a few good reviews. I like most of the color combinations and they seem to be matte or sheer. I prefer both of those.

Honored Contributor

The only ones I've been able to find that the colors aren't to deep on me are Revlon's Color Stay Overtime and Maybelline's Super Stay 24 color. They come with a over coat that moistens but I usually don't bother with it and I don't find them drying. They last on me all day usually.

Honored Contributor

If you like deep wines, fuchsias and reds, you are in luck. Most of them have a stain quality to them, not exactly sure why..Try buying a cheap one in your favorite color family, putting it on and wiping it off. That will leave a foundation color for underneath your favorite lighter colors.