Contributor

Re: Living in New State: Need Rec for Winter Face Cream

I just add argon oil, or any others that I have, to my regular moisturizer. Now that winter is here, it's part of my routine. Straight oil at night.
Super Contributor

Ponds Dry Skin Cream?
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the additional suggestions! Am having a hard time convincing my husband that a humidifier is going to do a lot of good. Darn it! I'm surprised my DD and DIL don't have one. Going to have to come up with a different approach.

Product-wise am deep into looking at everything you've suggested. Thanks so much, again.

Honored Contributor

I love Olay Regenerist in the red jar. I apply it after an astringent when I get out of the shower. I love the way it disappears into my skin.
Regular Contributor

Maybe your DH thinks humidifiers are expensive. We bought Vicks warm air humidifiers at Rite Aid for less than $20 each. Try one in your bedroom & see if it helps. You have to refill them daily, which is a bit of a pain, but well worth it in my opinion.
Esteemed Contributor

sfnative -- I'm about your age with oily skin, rosacea, and breakouts if I use the wrong products. My complexion (my whole body!) dries out in winter so I always use Pond's Cold Cream to cleanse and sometimes as a night cream. I also use it on my knees, elbows and shoulders and dry patches.

I also agree with humidifiers!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 marmot24 said: Maybe the air in your house is dry. Try running a humidifier. We currently have 4 going, and it really makes a difference. I also use moisturizers, as I am 70, but that extra humidity helps.

I have to agree with this suggestion. You need moisture in your air. I have a humidifier in my bedroom and office. Would never live without them. They work miracles.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried it myself but I've read a lot of rave reviews for First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Sold at Sephora & reasonably priced. It can be used on face and body. I also agree with the other recs here about getting a humidifyer. When I stay at my beach condo in the winter it is always very dry there so I fill up the bathtub half way with water at night. Otherwise I wake up with a scratchy irritated throat. Perhaps that may help you until you can get a humidifyer.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

Skinn Collagenesis line, or Crème de La Mer