Respected Contributor

Living Proof Smooth Blowout Concentrate

I received a sample of this a few months ago and never used it. Decided to give a try the other day. My hair is a short asymmetrical which I also have an asymmetrical cut in the back too. It's also very curly, wavy, thick and coarse. Nothing seems to control all of these areas. Tried Nick Chavez Liquid Silk Blowout and it was pretty good. However, still had issues with controlling some parts of my hair. Decided to try the Living Proof. OMG! It's awesome! It states that it's for thick hair. Too many products that claim to control frizz are just too weak. Recommended usage is only 2 pumps to to keep away from the roots. Well the 2 pumps did not seem like much but I followed the directions. After I applied all over then I went over the top of my head with the left over product. I love how smooth and silky my hair is. I have a cowlick at the nape of my neck where my short and long pieces meet. That thing would never lie down but with LP it is very manageable. If anyone is looking for a new product to try, I highly recomend this.My hair doesn't feel dirty or gritty as some products will do. I wouldn't use anymore than the recommeded amount though. It's a small bottle but I think it will last a long time.

Valued Contributor

Re: Living Proof Smooth Blowout Concentrate

I totally agree with you and your results! I find it way too high priced for my liking, or else I'd definitely use it

Esteemed Contributor

I love this product line. 

Trusted Contributor

I got a sample of LP mousse and really love it. I'll be buying a full size.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

Good to know the positive recommendations of this product. The LP Frizz line was quite drying. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Good to know the positive recommendations of this product. The LP Frizz line was quite drying. 

@Shanus 

I tried the Frizz shampoo and conditioner and they were very drying for my hair too.

I didn't bother trying their other 'Frizz' products after that experience.

Oh well, not every product works the same for everyone and there are lots of reviews on multiple sites that say the same thing that we experienced.

But there are also a lot of reviews from users who love it!

We all have different hair types and environmental conditions (high humidity vs.dry climates) so the same products will work differently for different people/climates. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

This was not drying at all. My hair feels so smooth and soft which hard to achieve with coarse hair.