Valued Contributor

I saw such good reviews about this that I bit the bullet (expensive to me) and bought one.  Not impressed.  Today my hair is limp and frizzy when it is generally pretty nice. Course it could have been my shampoo or conditioner or the leave in conditioner.  I tried the Night Cap Friday night.  It says you can put it on wet or dry hair and I put it on dry.  Didn't mess with my hair on Saturday because I didn't go anywhere. Then washed my hair Sat. night. Today rolled it as usual with hot rollers. Not good after.

Directions say Night Cap washes out after a few shampoos.  Not sure I even used it right.  ??? Anyone familiar with this product?

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom  Rec'd a tube as sample, tried it and did nothing. Definitely would not purchase. Do,use LP Frizz Nourishing Style Cream while hair still wet before styling products (any brand). Great product!

Honored Contributor

I use this and discovered there is a learning curve with it. The first few times I used it, my hair was greasy, limp, etc. I threw it in the box of  "junk hair products" and forgot about it. Recently, some YouTubers I follow were discussing it and how much they loved it (long hair, colored hair, gray hair), so  I hit up some blogs/forums where the product was discussed and discovered that:

1) I was using WAY TOO MUCH. 

2) It's better on dry hair

3) The results are not instant if you have healthy hair to begin with.

4) Don't use it again before the 5th shampoo.

Following the bulk of suggestions that all said the same thing, I did the following:

1) First application on hair the night before I'm going to wash it.

2) Don't use it in conjunction with a hair mask (meaning the same day)

3) For long hair, use a tiny bit more than a large PEA. Rub between the hands and scrunch into hair starting at the ends and working UP. Flip head over and smooth  hands from neck line forward to ends and then, flipping hair back, smooth from roots to ends. Then massage in to roots and all over head. Last, comb through.

HUGE difference. My hair is quite healthy as it is but after doing this twice (10 shampoos time frame), my hair IS stronger, higher shine, far less frizz, more body and bounce and my stylist noticed that my hair strands felt thicker and stronger when she cuts my hair. My color isn't fading as quickly either. 

HOWEVER: Living Proof was sold to Unilever and Jennifer Anistan is no longer affiliated in ANY way with the product. This occurred the past month. I am going to purchase a few bottles of the Night Cap because you KNOW they are going to change the formula. Of course, this happens NOW that I am using the product correctly and loving it. Lol.

Honored Contributor

I didn't like it.  I used a little and I used a lot.  It made no difference in the condition of my hair. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I do have healthy hair and now that I think back, I used a mask the next day. Maybe a little overkill?  I will try again after a few weeks.