Occasional Contributor

List of Divines' Notes, and a VERY Detailed Review!!!

OK ladies..I called customer service and here goes.

Top Notes....white grapefruit, hint of melon

Mid notes...orange blossom, muguet, yellow freesia, and honeysuckle

Bottom (base) notes...sheer musk, vanilla, and tonka notes

I want to say that I used this fragrance for 3 days before writing this, just to make sure. I'm a Pure Grace person, except when I want a fragrance with staying power (because as you know PG does not last) I use Field of Flowers. This fragrance is definitely not remotely like F of F. F of F is a very green, just cut the grass, I'm sitting in a refrigerator at the florist with fresh cut bouquets kind of fragrance. Divine is extremely complex, as you can see by the notes, but even more than that. It's almost like it's a time released perfume, where the different notes gradually come out. The top notes last only a few minutes, then the mid notes come out and "open up" over the next several hours, leaving the Bottom (base) notes to take you until you either shower or wash it off with soap and water. On me the base notes have a sweetness, probably a combination of the vanilla and tonka. It's probably just my chemistry because it was less sweet on my girlfriend who also purchased Divine. This fragrance did not give me a headache which is always my prerequisite to purchasing any fragrance. (I can't wear Amazing Grace) so I'll recommend this to the most sensitive of noses. Most importantly, where you apply this fragrance does indeed make all the difference in the staying power. If you spray it on your pulse points (and remember what Tova said, never rub your wrists together, just let it dry) it will last all day. If you just spray it on willy nilly it won't. The heat of the pulse points must help to open up the fragrance. Now as far as how Philosophy is marketing Divine, the whole emotional connection, the bottle of champagne, etc, etc., the bottom line is, the bottle is made in France with the fragrance made in the US. Even though it's a lovely bottle and goes with the whole radiance thing, I would have preferred to pay less with a domestic bottler. I think Divine is a bit pricey for 2 oz compared to $60 for the grace spray fragrances in the 4oz size. Perhaps these ingredients cost more. I hope that Divine will come in a 4oz size that will be priced more economically, and offer additional layering pieces. Overall, I would recommend that you give Divine a try, if you haven't been thrilled with the department store offerings, and give it a few days before you decide. It is a very addicting fragrance. My nose seems to want to smell more of it and by the way more importantly, my husband absolutely loved how I smelled. Good Luck and I hope this review helped!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}