@nomoaa wrote:

Thanks for the info.  

Does anyone know about Laura Geller ?

She does not test.

Honored Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

@HappyDaze wrote:

@lovetosing wrote:

Perricone customer service Rep said they do not do Animal Testing...get your facts straight..you are just trying to make Perricone look bad...just because you can't use Perricone does not mean you can just accuse them of something that is not true...

who are you referring to in your post?

Hi Happy!

I emailed perricone and called them as well, about  a year ago.  I commented on on a report from Paula's Choice that Perricone did animal testing.  She said they did not, nor have they ever.  I got the response in an email for my records.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten way better over the last few years and the only thing I regret is that I wasn't aware earlier.  I slip every now and then, it is so hard when companies just use double talk. For ex. I bought a product last year and on the sephora site it claimed to be cruelty free but then I found out it wasn't really because of their parent company.  I was so annoyed.  But, I don't have the time to always research everything I buy. ...or just forget to sometimes.  However, I am finally at a point where I am looking to simplify my beauty products and will be mostly buying to replace items as I finish them and will change the types of products I buy. I can say that most of the products I have right now are cruelty free but not vegan, but will be so going forward.  

I don't even know how I feel about some companies that claim cruelty free but boast about using animal products. I just don't see a process where the workers or conditions use love and kindness to get the products, if you know what I mean.  Animals are being taken out of their environments and natural state of being and held prisoners. 

I find it heartbreaking too, however, it won't change until everyone starts voting with their money and I don't see that coming for a long time.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks Happy.

I looked at Peta's site yesterday.  

Some companies, were not on either list.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomoaa wrote:

Thanks Happy.

I looked at Peta's site yesterday.  

Some companies, were not on either list.

I never rely any one particular website for information because it seems like everyone is incomplete or may have outdated info, especially since so many companies are being bought out it seems all the time. An investment company recently bought a majority of Laura's company but I haven't found anything indicating that anything will change regarding them currenlty being cruelty free. Hopefully it won't! 

It is hard to chase down all the correct information but worth it to me. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nomoaa wrote:

Thanks for the info.  

She does not test.

She may not test on animals but uses animal products.  As I stated earlier to me there is no difference - cruelty is cruelty.  I contacted LR regarding their make-up brushes. This brand is definitely on my DO NOT BUY LIST.  See response directly from the company:

Thank you for reaching out!

Depending on the brush/applicator it can be synthetic or made with animal hair.  We do not have a list readily available however if you advise which brush/applicator you are interested in we can provide a more immediate response.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist you Monday – Friday 9 AM EST to 5 PM EST.  We can be reached by calling 800-MAKEUP4 or by email at info@lauragellerbeauty.com.

Thanks again for your email and for your interest in Laura Geller Beauty.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support
Laura Geller Beauty, LLC
info@lauragellerbeauty.com

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nomoaa wrote:

Thanks for the info.  

She does not test.

She may not test on animals but uses animal products.  As I stated earlier to me there is no difference - cruelty is cruelty.  I contacted LR regarding their make-up brushes. This brand is definitely on my DO NOT BUY LIST.  See response directly from the company:

Thank you for reaching out!

Depending on the brush/applicator it can be synthetic or made with animal hair.  We do not have a list readily available however if you advise which brush/applicator you are interested in we can provide a more immediate response.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist you Monday – Friday 9 AM EST to 5 PM EST.  We can be reached by calling 800-MAKEUP4 or by email at info@lauragellerbeauty.com.

Thanks again for your email and for your interest in Laura Geller Beauty.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support
Laura Geller Beauty, LLC
info@lauragellerbeauty.com

I really wish you'd stop quoting my posts. When someone asks if a line is cruelty free, I am responding to that question directly. If they ask if the product contains animal-derived ingredients- a completley DIFFERENT question- then I will answer appropriately to that question. Regardless of what your personal definition of cruelty free is, the official industry standard definition for "cruelty free" is  "not tested on animals" period, nothing more, nothing less.

By quoting my posts you continue to try to create an argument with me and if you would actually read what I write rather than be reactive in your responses, you'd see that we think the same way, however that does NOT change the FACT that the official accepted definition of "cruety free" is not tested on animals only. Like it or not, that is the definition and, sadly, not everyone is concerned about animal derived ingredients but are about testing. I prefer not to badger people about their choices but try to help educate people about products and ingredients when they ask about them. That is one reason PETA has such a bad reputation and negates alot of good that they do. No one likes people yelling at them or trying to shame them for the choices they make.

Trusted Contributor

Happy Daze - I will not quote you nor will I argue with you.  We think the same in some respects.  However, interpretation is subjective.  You try to educate people, but limit that education to one small portion of a topic that encompasses a much larger scale as a whole.  I try to take in the whole picture.  Official "definitions" of the terms mean nothing to me.  I am trying to educate people to make them more aware of companies they purchase from thinking they are purchasing from companies that do not harm animals in "any way" and that is where we differ.  We can agree to disagree and still be on the same side.  Have a good night.

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

Happy Daze - I will not quote you nor will I argue with you.  We think the same in some respects.  However, interpretation is subjective.  You try to educate people, but limit that education to one small portion of a topic that encompasses a much larger scale as a whole.  I try to take in the whole picture.  Official "definitions" of the terms mean nothing to me.  I am trying to educate people to make them more aware of companies they purchase from thinking they are purchasing from companies that do not harm animals in "any way" and that is where we differ.  We can agree to disagree and still be on the same side.  Have a good night.

If you've ever read any of my other posts about this subject, youd' know I do tell people all the time that cruelty free does not mean that they don't use animal derived ingredients (i.e. they kill animlas for ingredients) as many people are confused at this fact. I know most of the people on this thread and they already know that cruelty free does not mean that animals weren't harmed obtaining the ingredients. They don't need it beaten into their head over and over, lol!

So no, we do NOT differ in that regard, you just happened to read only a post or two and only one thread. If you were to do a search (if QVC still has them), you'd see I have explained this ad nauseum on other threads. But this parituclar thread was regarding the cruelty free labeling and that is what I've responded to.

You have a great evening too.