Super Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

It gets ridiculous wading through all of the information of who saw what where, who thinks this or that or who and which source is credible, what a company claims or how they can weave a statement and hide within wording or within another company that they've partnered with. Nothing is worth harming an animal.

I'm sure there are ingredients in the products that I use that have, at one time or another, been tested on animals. That's bad enough. But I refuse to buy any product, no matter how tempting it is, that is not from a small US, off the beaten path type of company. For my own sanity and conscience, I just had to say enough.

There are some very nice companies who offer good quality products that are made right here in the US that don't test and some don't use animal or insect ingredients, too.

There, I'm done with my high-horse rant. This topic obviously infuriates me.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

Directly from Perricone's webiste:

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

Actually they do test on animals. That quote is from another website that quotes a Perricone rep.

I don't believe random blogs without verifying their so-called "facts" with the companies themselves. I emailed their company and I am confident they do not. But of course, everyone can believe whatever they want. Based on all the information I have, I am believing that they do not. I am not even a Perricone user so it really matters not to me, although I'm interested in their makeup line.

I know you don't and that you are diligent. I also no longer take a company's word on this matter. They all have different versions of what does and does not constitute animal testing. Many think they can get away with the no-testing line if they are a few steps removed from direct testing a la China style. But you know this.

In the last year, many companies have been removed from Peta's do and don't lists because they simply refused to answer some of the more "removed" questions. Many were removed from Leaping Bunny for the same reason. The more people become savy about the details of everything animal testing involves, the smaller the list becomes of who doesn't.

I will get back to you on this later! Crisso (nice to 'talk to you again!)

I know, Crisso, it is so disappointing. It is like one step forward and a mile backwards! {#emotions_dlg.crying} Great to chat with you again too. Please certainly share more info from Perricone if you find out more. If you care to, shoot them an email and see what they say. The email response I got was several months ago if I remember correctly.

I guess what I don't want to see is so many just reading something off someone's blog or forum and stopping there. I don't want a company that is truly cruelty free to have their good name defaced for something they truly don't do so I try really hard to not put the name out there unless I know for sure, using multiple sources to back the claims. But I know you know this. Wink

Contributor

On 1/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/8/2015 BarbB said:

Love this thread because I too won't buy products from companies that test on animals. But, that is just the beginning. Just because they don't test on animals doesn't mean they don't use animal by-products in their products which is just as bad in my book. Many companies use things like carmine (crushed beetle) in their color cosmetics. They may consider that natural but I don't (Josie Maran uses this). I emailed IT Cosmetics to find out the source of some of their products and they wouldn't tell me because it's a company secret. REALLY, I wasn't trying to steal the recipe, so I won't buy from them either. They use silk which is an animal by-product.

If you look it up, it's amazing how many products in cosmetics come from animals. Disgusting.

I will tell you as they finally answered my question months later. I guess now their tactic is to just claim "company secret" although asking if an ingredient is plant based or animal based would not reveal anything in which someone could dupe their products. Wow. Anyway, the collagen they use in their products is not plant based- it is from animals (fish).

I know Happydaze. I thought it was ridiculous that they wouldn't even tell me plant or animal based. That's all I wanted to know. I would never buy any of their products.

Super Contributor

I will be crossing off my list of purchases any product QVC sells that uses animal testing, period. There must be millions of QVC customers who are animal lovers....

.....hmmmm.

Respected Contributor

After reading your statement, I immediately went to the Philosophy website. In their FAQ section, it clearly states that they absolutely do not test on animals. Before posting absolute statements, you may want to confirm your research or have something to back it up. You could post "Philosophy states that they don't test on animals but such-and-such says otherwise." Making a false statement in any kind of forum, without any legitimate means to back it up, you open yourself up to recourse by the target due to slander and defamation.
Esteemed Contributor

There is no excuse for torturing animals for beauty. Thank you OP for bringing this up. Pore girl, what a beautiful face your Miss Beagle has,she looks like she could talk!
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 dulwich said: Thank you so much for this thread - and goodbye Bobbi Brown
I did an online chat with BB and OH OH OH the tap dancing! First her ""keypad was stuck"" and she couldn't answer. Then she wanted to direct me to CS. I'm so done with BB and will tell everyone I know.
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 scatcat said:
On 1/8/2015 dulwich said: Thank you so much for this thread - and goodbye Bobbi Brown
I did an online chat with BB and OH OH OH the tap dancing! First her "keypad was stuck" and she couldn't answer. Then she wanted to direct me to CS. I'm so done with BB and will tell everyone I know.

Interesting, they use to have something on their website about animal testing but I see it is no longer there. There is a question on their website,

"How does Bobbi Brown conduct product safety testing?"

But when you click on the link, it takes your to their FAQ which does not address this question. So it looks like they took down the answer but forgot to take down the question!

To answer your question, they started testing again because they decided to sell to China. On one of the last visits, Bobbi was very excited about one of her products selling off the shelves in China in only minutes.

Regular Contributor

On 1/8/2015 RachB said: After reading your statement, I immediately went to the Philosophy website. In their FAQ section, it clearly states that they absolutely do not test on animals. Before posting absolute statements, you may want to confirm your research or have something to back it up. You could post "Philosophy states that they don't test on animals but such-and-such says otherwise." Making a false statement in any kind of forum, without any legitimate means to back it up, you open yourself up to recourse by the target due to slander and defamation.
Philosophy is owned by Coty which is NOT cruelty free.
Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown? I agree with OP, shame on all of them.

kindness is strength