Honored Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

On 1/7/2015 catladyinCA said:
On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

Directly from Perricone's webiste:

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

Thanks, HappyDaze. I will recheck my facts (and web sites) as I do want to have accurate information and companies do change their minds and begin to conform. I am aware that companies will say "we never test our products on animals" and get away with it because they, in fact, hire out the testing. Or they do not test their final product, but the INGREDIENTS are all tested when a formula changes. I tend to distrust just a bit but will look into it. UPDATE: I got this info off Paula's Choice web site and another animal rescue site. But I checked a more reputable one and Perricone is listed as NOT testing on animals. Wonder if he did at first and then changed.

No, I hear ya! It is a mess trying to navigate through the truth. There is alot of misinformation out there. I always try to go directly to the company to get answers but some will just never answer you, unless you are persistent. Still others will often use vague terms to circumvent answering the question directly.Wink

Trusted Contributor

Cruelty-Free - ARME's Beagle Freedom Project | Cruelty Cutter

http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/cruelty_free

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for this thread. I have dropped brands when I heard they tested. It's hard to keep up. That...""except when required by law"" tells me they test.

Here is a link that was interesting. The gray area of animal testing.

http://phyrra.net/2014/07/update-smashbox-aveda-grey-area-brands.html

Thank you ALL who care about the life of animals.

Trusted Contributor

stop animal testing on these

Dixie doesn't understand. She doesn't understand why people hurt her. She doesn't understand why she was never let outside. She doesn't understand why she was never given toys or treats. She doesn't understand why no one ever loved her. Dixie is from one of our rescues in the mid-west and she is now getting all the toys, treats, walks and love that she so desperately craved while in the laboratory. beaglefreedomproject.org

Dixie doesn't understand.

She doesn't understand why people hurt her.
She doesn't understand why she was never let outside.
She doesn't understand why she was never given toys or treats.
She doesn't understand why no one ever loved her.

Honored Contributor

poregirl that is heartbreaking.

Respected Contributor

Go to Paulaschoice she has a whole list of companies that do and do not test on animals.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/7/2015 VillageGirl said:

The Beagle Freedom Project has a Cruelty Cutter smart phone app that can help identify companies that test on animals and those that don't.

By the way, Josie Maran does NOT test on animalsSmiley Happy And I think that IT Cosmetics does not either.

IT Cosmetics develops its products in South America and I wonder if it uses animal testing there.

Regular Contributor

NAVS, National Anti-Vivisection Society, lists companies that test on animals.

Paula Begoun, author of Don't Go to the Beauty Counter Without Me, and founder/owner of Paula's Choice cosmetics, compiles her list from the NAVS list. She also contacts companies not on the list to verify their practices. Some divulge the information while some will not.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

poregirl that is heartbreaking.

yes it is & beagles are the torture being of choice.

I had no idea until I got a beagle & started researching the breed.

it is BEYOND cruel & all for shampoo & stuff. INSANE!

Trusted Contributor

here is why I try to shop cruelty free

My little miss beagle