Honored Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

@Trix wrote:

The only thing I want to add to this thread is that there is no reason that medication which is to be used for human consumption should be tested on animals.  There are plenty of people who would be willing to be the test subjects for research scientist as formulas go through their development stages.  

You guys can debate cosmetic animal testing and meat eating without me.  

There are many reasons that humans cannot be subjects for much of the testing that is done to determine whether medications are safe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

I think its a waste of time to buy products not animal tested for we all still eat  meat and poultry from animals that were horrible abused in slaughter houses. There is no difference. if you shop cruelity free products then how about shoopping cruelity free meat? or be a vegetarian all together?

---------------------------

ITA with you kcladyz.  I think we need to be aware of all of it and make better choices.  One isn't better than the other.  However, to say that it is a waste of time is so sad.  We have to start somewhere and maybe slowly people will become aware and make changes.  Do we really need an animal harmed to slathered some stuff on our faces?

I have changed my diet to "mostly" vegetarian.  On a rare occasion, I will eat fish.  I changed it after I watched a few documentaries.  It was heartbreaking and I cant believe the cruelty.  If I ever go back to eating meat, I will seek out cruelty free, if there is such a thing. 

Food and medicine is such a tricky and complicated issue.  However, I am always astounded when I go to the pharmacy at the rows and rows of medicines we are all on.  That is a problem in itself.  When did we all become so unhealthy. 

aprilskies, great post IMO.   We are vegetarians... I guess more like pescatarians since we eat fish on a rare occasion. 

However, the testing on animals for beauty's sake is not needed at all.  We only buy cruelty free and after seeing what they have to endure in the name of beauty/cleaning, etc., it's a nightmare.

Some people choose not to investigate because they don't want to know the truths.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry for this but I am going to throw it out there because it drives me absolutely nuts when people get on a good thread and have petty arguements back and forth about a subject.  Yes, agree to disagree but its annoying to many of us who want good information but its like walking into an episode of the "View" with silly back-and-forth unecessary arguements over petty differences.  That usually is what drives me away from a lot of threads. 

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

this is an inane argument for those who just simply don't care about animal testing or don't want to give up their products they love, which is fine but just say you don't want to give up your beloved products but don't try to make the excuse that it is a waste of time and compare it to eating food or using medicines to survive.

But I don't get into these discussions as no one can convince me torturing animals for silly beauty products is okay and that it is a waste of time to forgo products that do this. It is really sad to think people feel this way.

@kcladyz wrote:

I think its a waste of time to buy products not animal tested for we all still eat  meat and poultry from animals that were horrible abused in slaughter houses. There is no difference. if you shop cruelity free products then how about shoopping cruelity free meat? or be a vegetarian all together?

GREAT post. ITA with you 100%. Some of those who still buy products that are animal tested are CLUELESS and OBVIOUSLY have NO regard for animals.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

---------------------------

ITA with you kcladyz.  I think we need to be aware of all of it and make better choices.  One isn't better than the other.  However, to say that it is a waste of time is so sad.  We have to start somewhere and maybe slowly people will become aware and make changes.  Do we really need an animal harmed to slathered some stuff on our faces?

I have changed my diet to "mostly" vegetarian.  On a rare occasion, I will eat fish.  I changed it after I watched a few documentaries.  It was heartbreaking and I cant believe the cruelty.  If I ever go back to eating meat, I will seek out cruelty free, if there is such a thing. 

Food and medicine is such a tricky and complicated issue.  However, I am always astounded when I go to the pharmacy at the rows and rows of medicines we are all on.  That is a problem in itself.  When did we all become so unhealthy. 

aprilskies, great post IMO.   We are vegetarians... I guess more like pescatarians since we eat fish on a rare occasion. 

However, the testing on animals for beauty's sake is not needed at all.  We only buy cruelty free and after seeing what they have to endure in the name of beauty/cleaning, etc., it's a nightmare.

Some people choose not to investigate because they don't want to know the truths.

DITTO.

Honored Contributor

@lovessister2 wrote:

These companies still test on animals (and for those who are naïve, it doesn't mean they dab the creams onto their little faces). Products or ingredients are put inside their eyes, get injected into their skin and some animals are even forced to inhale ingredients until they are sick:

Perricone

Peter Thomas Roth

Philosophy

Benefit (sold on HSN)

Bobbi Brown

Clarisonic

StriVectin

Signature Club A (sold on HSN) most likely does as they refuse to respond.

Shame on all of them. While animal testing is mandatory for products sold in China, these companies always have the choice not to test.

catladyinCA, thank you for starting this thread!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

If you get the Cruelty Cutter app for your device, you can scan anything with a bar code and it will tell you if the product is cruelty free.  I did this with my household cleaning and drugs, etc. and was amazed how many do test on animals.  They also have a great program that if they don't have the info, they will link you to an e-mail that automatically is sent to them and they will research it to find out and you get doggie dollars for submitting it.  It automatically scans all the info and sends it in an e-mail to them.  It couldn't be easier.  However, be prepared to go into shock because even your medications, etc. are brought up. 

Respected Contributor

loreal no longer does animal testing. I just read their page about it

Honored Contributor

Yes they do. They test for their products they sell to China, which is many.

From their website:

"L’Oréal no longer tests on animals any of its products or any of its ingredients, anywhere in the world. Nor does L’Oréal delegate this task to others. The rare exception allowed is if regulatory authorities demand it for safety or regulatory purposes. "

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
After reading your statement, I immediately went to the Philosophy website. In their FAQ section, it clearly states that they absolutely do not test on animals. Before posting absolute statements, you may want to confirm your research or have something to back it up. You could post "Philosophy states that they don't test on animals but such-and-such says otherwise." Making a false statement in any kind of forum, without any legitimate means to back it up, you open yourself up to recourse by the target due to slander and defamation.

I'm glad I read your post, I was just about to cancel my auto delivery from Philosophy.