Trusted Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

On 1/9/2015 magemay said:
On 1/9/2015 KringleB said:

Ok please, no one take this as disrespectful. I really have a question that I'd like to know what people think. Women won't use products that are tested on animals but what about products that have animal products in them?? How is that any different? Products may not be tested on animals but may contain animal products.....how are the two any different?????

Live animals are being tortured to test ingredients.

Supposedly, the ingredients are harvested from animals that are already dead and being used for other purposes, such as food and are not being killed just for whatever substance/s they harvest from them for cosmetic purposes, or so they say. There are a few exceptions, like the female beetle that they purposely crush for the carmine that's used for coloring cosmetics, like lipstick.

But I see what you're saying. Why not do all or nothing? Like a vegan wearing leather shoes?

I guess it all comes down to personal choices and doing what each of us feels most comfortable with.

Personally, I stay away from products that are tested and that don't contain animal ingredients and try to stay diligent, to the best of my knowledge. Part of the latter, the animal ingredients, has to do with a bit of an eww factor, for me. I can't fathom putting Rooster combs on my face or cholesterol, don't even want to know where that comes from. Same goes for elastin and collagen.

I don't have a problem with beeswax.

And I'm not a Vegan, we eat poultry and dairy.

"Live animals are being tortured to test ingredients."{#emotions_dlg.angry}

EXACTLY! that is the point{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I dont know why people don't get that

Respected Contributor

If companies do animal testing, it's more than on dogs. They test on rabbits and all other kinds of animals too. I don't buy a lot of different products. I stick to only a handful and I don't think they test on them. Especially Wen.

Super Contributor

I love this thread so much and I'm so glad to know that there are others here who feel the same way as I. I'm pretty much in the all-or-nothing category, in terms of what products I choose to buy; if the company says they don't test, but their parent company does or if they are sold in China, that brand is off my list. Also, I know that when I have emailed certain companies, (IT Cosmetics to name one...), they don't exactly give straight answers which, to me, is a red flag.

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 bella-luna said:

I love this thread so much and I'm so glad to know that there are others here who feel the same way as I. I'm pretty much in the all-or-nothing category, in terms of what products I choose to buy; if the company says they don't test, but their parent company does or if they are sold in China, that brand is off my list. Also, I know that when I have emailed certain companies, (IT Cosmetics to name one...), they don't exactly give straight answers which, to me, is a red flag.

Me too, bella-luna on all counts.

I'm especially leary of a one or two large companies that have investment and family ties to each other. Sometimes we have to dig deep, really deep and then connect the dots. But it's worth it Smiley Happy

I still don't understand and haven't come across any info on how online companies, that have a presence in China and/or Singapore, deal with mandatory testing. I can't find any info either for testing requirements for imported products to Singapore.

Singapore is growing as an "in demand" country for companies who manufacture in animal testing banned countries who out-source for testing. So manufacturers who are in banned countries send their products to countries like China and Singapore to be tested. It's beyond horrible.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I am officially done buying their sheet.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/10/2015 magemay said:

I love this thread so much and I'm so glad to know that there are others here who feel the same way as I. I'm pretty much in the all-or-nothing category, in terms of what products I choose to buy; if the company says they don't test, but their parent company does <em>or</em> if they are sold in China, that brand is off my list. Also, I know that when I have emailed certain companies, (IT Cosmetics to name one...), they don't exactly give straight answers which, to me, is a red flag.

I'm especially leary of a one or two large companies that have investment and family ties to each other. Sometimes we have to dig deep, really deep and then connect the dots. But it's worth it Smiley Happy

I still don't understand and haven't come across any info on how online companies, that have a presence in China and/or Singapore, deal with mandatory testing. I can't find any info either for testing requirements for imported products to Singapore.

Singapore is growing as an "in demand" country for companies who manufacture in animal testing banned countries who out-source for testing. So manufacturers who are in banned countries send their products to countries like China and Singapore to be tested. It's beyond horrible.

ugh.torture. all in the name of greed{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 poregirl said:

I love this thread so much and I'm so glad to know that there are others here who feel the same way as I. I'm pretty much in the all-or-nothing category, in terms of what products I choose to buy; if the company says they don't test, but their parent company does <em>or</em> if they are sold in China, that brand is off my list. Also, I know that when I have emailed certain companies, (IT Cosmetics to name one...), they don't exactly give straight answers which, to me, is a red flag.

Makes me wonder about who's providing the capital to grow the animal testing industry. Apparently, Singapore is adding more testing and farming facilities. Take a bunch of money for that type of thing. Who is funding the expansions? Who are the inventors?

Animals are being bred, raised and maintained on these farms solely for the testing industry and for their by-products.

Makes me think that investors, with a specific growth interest Wink {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}, would be the ones to benefit the most. Yeah, sure makes me wonder about who they are.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

On 1/15/2015 poregirl said:

Philosophy is one of the biggest sellers at QVC and they do test on animals. So does PTR, which I use to use, but stopped. He is a small company. No excuse! I hope this list doesn't go away and that people continue to care about this torture for their cosmetics.

New Contributor

My favorite rescue. The cruelty cutter app is the BEST

Valued Contributor

Any updates to the list?

Greatly appreciate all the info.