Valued Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

poregirl- your pup is too darn cute! very good looking & fit too!

Regular Contributor

On 1/7/2015 poregirl said:
On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

poregirl that is heartbreaking. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

yes it is & beagles are the torture being of choice.

I had no idea until I got a beagle & started researching the breed.

it is BEYOND cruel & all for shampoo & stuff. INSANE!

I have seen pictures of Beagles getting rescued and running out onto grass that they had never seen or touched. Never saw sunlight. Never had a human touch except as a lab experiment. They are chosen because they are so gentle and sweet. They are being used right now as we discuss them. Breaks my heart. Breaks my heart for ALL animals tortured for cosmetics when it is not necessary. NOT necessary. If companies do test, they just don't care about animal suffering.

Super Contributor

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

Directly from Perricone's webiste:

""Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals.""

Actually they do test on animals. That quote is from another website that quotes a Perricone rep.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

Actually they do test on animals. That quote is from another website that quotes a Perricone rep.

I don't believe random blogs without verifying their so-called "facts" with the companies themselves. I emailed their company and I am confident they do not. But of course, everyone can believe whatever they want. Based on all the information I have, I am believing that they do not. I am not even a Perricone user so it really matters not to me, although I'm interested in their makeup line.

Super Contributor

This information is critical enough that we should make a concerted effort to keep this on the first page. QVC is selling and making a huge profit on these products. The beagles---beyond the pale horrific---and all of the other animals who suffer---I want NO PART of supporting those vendor industries.

Let's hope this post doesn't get 'poofed.'

Super Contributor

Somehow my post was lost, trying again

How do the Chinese regulations apply to online sales in and to China? Skinstore has a Chinese online presence. Do they have a base in China? I don't know, but would like to. They sell products that I was surprised see.

Poregirl, your dog is adorable. Thank you for all of your efforts. I can't fathom the fact that anyone who calls themselves human would hurt an animal in any way, especially in the name of beauty. It's one of the most repulsive of all of the human behaviors.

Here's the link for Skinstore which lists the brands they sell:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.skinstorechina.com/&prev=search

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

I don't believe random blogs without verifying their so-called "facts" with the companies themselves. I emailed their company and I am confident they do not. But of course, everyone can believe whatever they want. Based on all the information I have, I am believing that they do not. I am not even a Perricone user so it really matters not to me, although I'm interested in their makeup line.

I know you don't and that you are diligent. I also no longer take a company's word on this matter. They all have different versions of what does and does not constitute animal testing. Many think they can get away with the no-testing line if they are a few steps removed from direct testing a la China style. But you know this.

In the last year, many companies have been removed from Peta's do and don't lists because they simply refused to answer some of the more "removed" questions. Many were removed from Leaping Bunny for the same reason. The more people become savy about the details of everything animal testing involves, the smaller the list becomes of who doesn't.

I will get back to you on this later! Crisso (nice to 'talk to you again!)

Contributor

Love this thread because I too won't buy products from companies that test on animals. But, that is just the beginning. Just because they don't test on animals doesn't mean they don't use animal by-products in their products which is just as bad in my book. Many companies use things like carmine (crushed beetle) in their color cosmetics. They may consider that natural but I don't (Josie Maran uses this). I emailed IT Cosmetics to find out the source of some of their products and they wouldn't tell me because it's a company secret. REALLY, I wasn't trying to steal the recipe, so I won't buy from them either. They use silk which is an animal by-product.

If you look it up, it's amazing how many products in cosmetics come from animals. Disgusting.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 BarbB said:

Love this thread because I too won't buy products from companies that test on animals. But, that is just the beginning. Just because they don't test on animals doesn't mean they don't use animal by-products in their products which is just as bad in my book. Many companies use things like carmine (crushed beetle) in their color cosmetics. They may consider that natural but I don't (Josie Maran uses this). I emailed IT Cosmetics to find out the source of some of their products and they wouldn't tell me because it's a company secret. REALLY, I wasn't trying to steal the recipe, so I won't buy from them either. They use silk which is an animal by-product.

If you look it up, it's amazing how many products in cosmetics come from animals. Disgusting.

I will tell you as they finally answered my question months later. I guess now their tactic is to just claim "company secret" although asking if an ingredient is plant based or animal based would not reveal anything in which someone could dupe their products. Wow. Anyway, the collagen they use in their products is not plant based- it is from animals (fish).

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for this thread - and goodbye Bobbi Brown