Contributor

List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

These companies still test on animals (and for those who are naïve, it doesn't mean they dab the creams onto their little faces). Products or ingredients are put inside their eyes, get injected into their skin and some animals are even forced to inhale ingredients until they are sick:

Perricone

Peter Thomas Roth

Philosophy

Benefit (sold on HSN)

Bobbi Brown

Clarisonic

StriVectin

Signature Club A (sold on HSN) most likely does as they refuse to respond.

Shame on all of them. While animal testing is mandatory for products sold in China, these companies always have the choice not to test.

Valued Contributor

Re: List of Companies That Do Animal Testing

ugly.
Honored Contributor

Leaping Bunny lists companies that test on animals.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Contributor

The Beagle Freedom Project has a Cruelty Cutter smart phone app that can help identify companies that test on animals and those that don't.

By the way, Josie Maran does NOT test on animalsSmiley Happy And I think that IT Cosmetics does not either.

Honored Contributor

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

Directly from Perricone's webiste:

""Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals.""

Contributor

On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

I am not sure what websites you got your information from but Perricone does not test on animals (there was a big discussion of this on the forums awhile back).

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

Thanks, HappyDaze. I will recheck my facts (and web sites) as I do want to have accurate information and companies do change their minds and begin to conform. I am aware that companies will say "we never test our products on animals" and get away with it because they, in fact, hire out the testing. Or they do not test their final product, but the INGREDIENTS are all tested when a formula changes. I tend to distrust just a bit but will look into it. UPDATE: I got this info off Paula's Choice web site and another animal rescue site. But I checked a more reputable one and Perricone is listed as NOT testing on animals. Wonder if he did at first and then changed.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought animal testing was banned! Thanx for the list. I won't be buying from these companies anymore. Good-bye Bobbi Brown, PTR and Phil.

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 catladyinCA said:
On 1/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

"Are your products tested on animals?

Perricone MD does not and will never test on animals."

Thanks, HappyDaze. I will recheck my facts (and web sites) as I do want to have accurate information and companies do change their minds and begin to conform. I am aware that companies will say "we never test our products on animals" and get away with it because they, in fact, hire out the testing. Or they do not test their final product, but the INGREDIENTS are all tested when a formula changes. I tend to distrust just a bit but will look into it. UPDATE: I got this info off Paula's Choice web site and another animal rescue site. But I checked a more reputable one and Perricone is listed as NOT testing on animals. Wonder if he did at first and then changed.

I checked Paula's Choice for this after it was posted, and she states that Perricone does not test on animals.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

I believe Perricone sells their products in China like Peter Thomas Roth. Perricone is not on the Leaping Bunny list of cruelty free companies. Paula's Choice has moved Perricone to the list of companies that don't test on animals. But then, she has Sally Hansen listed as cruelty free and they are owned by Coty.
Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 Danish Gal said: I believe Perricone sells their products in China like Peter Thomas Roth. Perricone is not on the Leaping Bunny list of cruelty free companies.

They would still have to state they test "when required by law", which they did not state. PTR withdrew their designation as "cruelty free" once they decided to sell in China. Not all companies that are cruelty free use the leaping bunny logo.