Super Contributor

Believe it or not, it really isn't there when I type her name in, but sure enough, the link works! I'm sure she in enjoying all the speculation about her next big thing! I wish her well~

Super Contributor

I just saw her on that TV show on Lifetime about the clothing designers Project Runway. I don't watch the show and was flipping channels. I did stop to see why she was on the show. She was there for QVC to help pick a winner to preview on QVC. She managed to get the GILI name in a couple of times. The show was a first run episode which was odd since she is no longer representing QVC.

Honored Contributor

What did she buy at Bergdorf Goodman? I'm assuming she posted pics on FB.

Super Contributor

I don't follow any hosts on FB.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Reever said: I'm just speculating but is it possible she is interested in managing a high end store such as Bergdoffs? perhaps she was interviewing for a position?

Its possible that "she" is interested in managing a high end store" ? She doesn't have the education and background to do so. Her education is in health care. I have family who are executives in the fashion industry so I know a lot about it. To manage even a small retail store requires an education in Retail and Business management and that includes a master degree. In addition, it also requires years of experience at the store level. Lisa does not have the qualifications and do you really think and multi billion $ business such as Berdorf's would put a former QVC host in charge of their flagship store in NYC.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

To those here who don't seem to like Lisa: Why do you even open this thread? Another chance to practice your bashing skills online? Do you feel better about yourself ""expressing your negative and tinged with jealous envy opinions?"" If you don't like her just skip the threads. You don't see men doing this stuff nearly as much as women. You guys really tick me off. Grow Up!

Super Contributor

OMG are you kidding me, Lisa...working at Bergdorfs? Are you insane? She would leave the Q for a department store? Maybe if she could not find a job after years of trying, maybe a one in a million

Contributor
I hope Lisa doesn't get on a plane any time soon. People will speculate that she is going to become a pilot??
Respected Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 1/22/2015 Reever said: I'm just speculating but is it possible she is interested in managing a high end store such as Bergdoffs? perhaps she was interviewing for a position?

Its possible that "she" is interested in managing a high end store" ? She doesn't have the education and background to do so. Her education is in health care. I have family who are executives in the fashion industry so I know a lot about it. To manage even a small retail store requires an education in Retail and Business management and that includes a master degree. In addition, it also requires years of experience at the store level. Lisa does not have the qualifications and do you really think and multi billion $ business such as Berdorf's would put a former QVC host in charge of their flagship store in NYC.

Perhaps in an ideal world the candidate would be credentialed as you suggest with multiple degrees but in reality many department store managers in my area only hold a high school diploma. I know several working at a recognized department store who have no college education whatsoever. If Lisa wants to manage the store, I believe her EXPERIENCE working at the largest e retailer in the country should help her. This woman single handedly pushed millions of dollars of goods every week. I believe she also holds the sales record at QVC for most revenue in a 24 hour period.
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/21/2015 LuLuBelle said:

She stated she had a lunch meeting at Bergdorf's today (they have a restaurant on the 7th floor) which is open to the public. I don't think she's in the same league as designers you've mentioned.

Exactly! I've had lunch in the restaurant there too, and I certainly wasn't being sought after to work with them or for them. Anyone can walk into Bergdorf's and have a "lunch meeting" there. The term "meeting" can also mean anything.

It certainly seem as though it was a "lunch meeting" AT Bergorf's, not WITH Bergdorf's.