Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson on GMA Tuesday, March 24

No one hates Lisa but the victims of stalkers, including myself, would not want others to follow Lisa's example; it is as simple as that. If you have never been a victim of stalking, you don't walk in our shoes. I counsel victims, mostly women, but some men and protection of your privacy and personal information, is essential in handling a serious stalking situation. Restraining orders are not the only step and often, do not help if a stalker is determined. How many violent deaths do you hear about when a restraining order is in place and it did not help? Many! There are personal steps a person must take and posting every aspect of your life online is not one of them. Maybe her stalker died? And until they do as mine did, you are not safe. Someone mildly infatuated following you around is very different than an obsession so maybe the person lost interest in Lisa and she feels safe. If she feels safe, no need for the interview because you are no longer a victim of the stalker. All victims stated on this board was what not to do in order to help other victims of stalkers. Be very careful what you put out there.
Honored Contributor

I like Lisa; she’s accomplished, smart, funny, and stylish. I wish her all the very best in her new endeavors.

The interview this morning -- I thought it lacked any substance. It was less informative than her last GMA interview on stalking (a very harrowing and important issue for anyone) than she did on GMA before. No specifics about hotlines, support system names, groups she's working with now that others in her situation can call, etc. This subject is very real for all walks of women, not just celebrities. As a second interview on the same subject I'm hoping this was more than PR.

But for the benefit of the doubt, Lisa may have provided quite a lot of great information, but GMA chose to edit it badly. Dunno.

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 stray770 said: I am all for women and empowerment and living your life without fear, awareness etc. I don't do Facebook but read the threads about her activities. I just don't think living your life means telling your stalker where you eat, where your gym is, when you get your hair done, what hotel you stay at, where you vacation and every facet of your life...that is not awareness...it is careless and no one would advise a victim to advertise his/her whereabouts every moment of the day....it is almost feeding into the stalker's fantasy I was stalked when I was younger and was paranoid about privacy and still am....thus, I do not use social media tmi

I totally agree with you stray 770 - I understand taking your own life back, but why advertise everything in your life when you have been a victim of multiple stalkers. She obviously misses being in the limelight - but I'm sure 3/4 of America had no idea who she was and why she was on GMA. I'm sure you are very confused by her actions having gone through this yourself. Sorry for your experience.

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 stray770 said: No one hates Lisa but the victims of stalkers, including myself, would not want others to follow Lisa's example; it is as simple as that. If you have never been a victim of stalking, you don't walk in our shoes. I counsel victims, mostly women, but some men and protection of your privacy and personal information, is essential in handling a serious stalking situation. Restraining orders are not the only step and often, do not help if a stalker is determined. How many violent deaths do you hear about when a restraining order is in place and it did not help? Many! There are personal steps a person must take and posting every aspect of your life online is not one of them. Maybe her stalker died? And until they do as mine did, you are not safe. Someone mildly infatuated following you around is very different than an obsession so maybe the person lost interest in Lisa and she feels safe. If she feels safe, no need for the interview because you are no longer a victim of the stalker. All victims stated on this board was what not to do in order to help other victims of stalkers. Be very careful what you put out there.
She has been advised by people who deal with the psychology behind stalker behavior and clearly she is following it. I don't believe that blaming the victim and Lisa altering her behavior would really change much of anything...rather she is living life to the fullest and refuses to hide in the house. And veiled comments that she should only are indicative of an excuse for the stalker blaming the victim. A kind of she deserved it because she is too public with her life...
Regular Contributor

I cannot imagine how it must feel to be stalked AND in constant fear...... not knowing where some NUT might be hiding, if they have been in my home, lurking around my job ETC.......

Lisa was not advertising her every move while on QVC - she never even spoke on Q about vacations, whereabouts (unless traveling for QVC), personal things either LIKE boyfriends / dating ETC.............

Wasn't until she was leaving Q (last month) that she THEN started to BROADCAST a lot of her where about AND my gosh, since she's left GESHHHHHHH she even talks about what she is eating ALONG with her EVERY SINGLE move

What bothered me about this entire GMA thing is that - they said she is talking for the 1st about it

NOT!!! she was on TV - interviewed about it MANY MANY years ago

SO......... GMA this is not the 1st time talking about it

ALSO - interview ??? what interview ??? she really did not say ANYTHING, share anything, so just talking around it & saying NOTHING

Contributor

On 3/24/2015 evelomaddict said:
On 3/24/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/23/2015 ellaphant said:

same old, same old! the LR haters back! can't stay away from anything to do with LR.

Wink Isn't it the truth... And their comments, oy, so trite and predictable. I wonder if they even realize how petty (and oft times resentful) they sound...?

no.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing of advice or "empowerment" in that short piece. If I was worried about stalkers, I would get off social media immediately.

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 stray770 said: No one hates Lisa but the victims of stalkers, including myself, would not want others to follow Lisa's example; it is as simple as that. If you have never been a victim of stalking, you don't walk in our shoes. I counsel victims, mostly women, but some men and protection of your privacy and personal information, is essential in handling a serious stalking situation. Restraining orders are not the only step and often, do not help if a stalker is determined. How many violent deaths do you hear about when a restraining order is in place and it did not help? Many! There are personal steps a person must take and posting every aspect of your life online is not one of them. Maybe her stalker died? And until they do as mine did, you are not safe. Someone mildly infatuated following you around is very different than an obsession so maybe the person lost interest in Lisa and she feels safe. If she feels safe, no need for the interview because you are no longer a victim of the stalker. All victims stated on this board was what not to do in order to help other victims of stalkers. Be very careful what you put out there.

You are just spot on...I also worked around these types of issues for a time.

But even if this were not about a victim of stalking, (which no one should ever have to be), people now day's put out way to much about their lives, and especially their young children's lives, never really thinking where it can all end up... I don't think it will change sadly..

Valued Contributor

On 3/24/2015 ronniegal said:
On 3/24/2015 evelomaddict said:

same old, same old! the LR haters back! can't stay away from anything to do with LR.

Wink Isn't it the truth... And their comments, oy, so trite and predictable. I wonder if they even realize how petty (and oft times resentful) they sound...?

no.

thanks but i already have designated parking.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Trusted Contributor

Predictable, because it's the truth, and that's hard for LR lovers to admit. Many of these posts (all over the boards) are just like stalking!

The first thing I would do, if I were Lisa, is GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA, if you are that afraid of stalkers.

I will admit, that I watched the interview this morning (shocking, I know) because I was curious about what she was going to talk about, and I figured I would get it first hand..I do not know if it was live or taped, I cannot tell, but it was BAD. They highlighted her reign at QVC, and now she is taking control of her life. GOOD.

I am guessing she is starting her new adventure as a life coach with speeches about stalkers, and now she can add to her resume that she was on GMA. Good for her.