Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson on GMA Tuesday, March 24

On 3/23/2015 stray770 said: I am all for women and empowerment and living your life without fear, awareness etc. I don't do Facebook but read the threads about her activities. I just don't think living your life means telling your stalker where you eat, where your gym is, when you get your hair done, what hotel you stay at, where you vacation and every facet of your life...that is not awareness...it is careless and no one would advise a victim to advertise his/her whereabouts every moment of the day....it is almost feeding into the stalker's fantasy I was stalked when I was younger and was paranoid about privacy and still am....thus, I do not use social media tmi

I had a stalker back in the 90's and he would show up at places me and my boyfriend at the time frequented. It was the scariest thing in the world. A few years later, he was still showing up at the post office when I was there or the park. I totally agree about social media and not publicizing your life for the world to see. I have a feeling LR is also going to introduce her new venture perhaps. Maybe she is going on ABC for something. All I know is I never have and never will use social media like Facebook or Twitter. I don't even want to do Linkedin even though I'm looking for a job. It's too risky.

Just look at how ISIS is now targeting families of service men and women. They read their social media and can identify them more easily. Be careful what you put out there. Don't be foolish with your privacy.

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 jessa said:
On 3/23/2015 elruth said:

It seems so odd to me that she would want to be seen by millions talking about her stalker. It is easy to find out where she lives and may give ideas to other would be stalkers.

Its also highly odd that she posts on her Facebook everything she does & everywhere she goes........

It seems odd to me also.

Trusted Contributor

She must have a good publicist. I won't be watching.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Southern Fried Chick said:
On 3/23/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Gosh, I just don't understand the obsession with that woman.

Neither do I!

Nor I - find it to be an example of the fascinating obsession of the celeb worshiping culture in existence today. Just don't "get" it.

Super Contributor

I had not read Lisa's postings since she left QVC, but can't imagine why she would go into so much detail about her favorite hotels after being stalked! That would the last thing I'd do if it had happened to me!!
Respected Contributor

Must be a really slow news week if they want LR to appear in a segment. Never had any respect for the stories presented on GMA. Very low class compared to real news networks and shows. Sorry to say that as I really like and respect Robin Roberts.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Trusted Contributor

I have a good friend who suffered from a really bad stalking situation. It got to the point where she had to leave the state she was living in and move elsewhere. The authorities advised her to not publicize anything in her name which included even her name on a lease, utility bill, etc so everything went into her parents name.

Granted, she had a serious case but all the recommendations and advise given to her was to keep as low a profile as possible. Eventually, her stalker did end his obsession but it was tough until that occurred.

Lisa obviously has no worries about stalkers now or she wouldn't publicize so many details about her life and whereabouts. She's not a dumb woman. My guess is she got very used to all the attention she got as a host here and doesn't want to lose all that interest in her every move. Can't fathom what she would do without FB, etc. - she would have no means to keep her adoring fans at full attention.

Beyond my comprehension but that's just me.

Valued Contributor

Many celebrities have been stalked and went to court and got restraining orders etc. I would think if GMA wanted a spokesperson for the stalking issue, they would have someone better known than Lisa R.

Respected Contributor

same old, same old! the LR haters back! can't stay away from anything to do with LR.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info! Good for her---maybe she can help others who also have stalkers---such a scary thing.

I don't think people are obsessed with her---maybe with Kim Kardashian---but she has been a visible personality who has a problem that many women share. Good to shine light on it.