Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson on GMA Tuesday, March 24

On 3/23/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 3/23/2015 evelomaddict said:
On 3/23/2015 elruth said:

It seems so odd to me that she would want to be seen by millions talking about her stalker. It is easy to find out where she lives and may give ideas to other would be stalkers.

good for her. she's empowering herself instead of her stalkers. you can't cower in the corner because others wish to bring you harm.

So true! Why do the "victims" get criticized for living their lives??? Glad that some survivors, if not most, decide to continue to live as they choose instead of hiding or not discussing the crimes. Really sad & disturbing to read some of the comments.

Yes some of the comments are sad & disturbing......{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Esteemed Contributor

Her topic will be ""survival"".

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 jessa said:

It seems so odd to me that she would want to be seen by millions talking about her stalker. It is easy to find out where she lives and may give ideas to other would be stalkers.

good for her. she's empowering herself instead of her stalkers. you can't cower in the corner because others wish to bring you harm.

So true! Why do the "victims" get criticized for living their lives??? Glad that some survivors, if not most, decide to continue to live as they choose instead of hiding or not discussing the crimes. Really sad & disturbing to read some of the comments.

I was referring to your comments

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I am all for women and empowerment and living your life without fear, awareness etc. I don't do Facebook but read the threads about her activities. I just don't think living your life means telling your stalker where you eat, where your gym is, when you get your hair done, what hotel you stay at, where you vacation and every facet of your life...that is not awareness...it is careless and no one would advise a victim to advertise his/her whereabouts every moment of the day....it is almost feeding into the stalker's fantasy I was stalked when I was younger and was paranoid about privacy and still am....thus, I do not use social media tmi
Super Contributor

On 3/23/2015 jessa said:

I was referring to your comments

Too bad.....but I don't agree with you.....I've had a real life stalker & know what I'm talking about so save your pretentious condescention & disapproval for somebody else......

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2015 stray770 said: I am all for women and empowerment and living your life without fear, awareness etc. I don't do Facebook but read the threads about her activities. I just don't think living your life means telling your stalker where you eat, where your gym is, when you get your hair done, what hotel you stay at, where you vacation and every facet of your life...that is not awareness...it is careless and no one would advise a victim to advertise his/her whereabouts every moment of the day....it is almost feeding into the stalker's fantasy I was stalked when I was younger and was paranoid about privacy and still am....thus, I do not use social media tmi

Well said. I'm sorry you've had that happen......I have too & I know what the authorities advise.........

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 stray770 said: I am all for women and empowerment and living your life without fear, awareness etc. I don't do Facebook but read the threads about her activities. I just don't think living your life means telling your stalker where you eat, where your gym is, when you get your hair done, what hotel you stay at, where you vacation and every facet of your life...that is not awareness...it is careless and no one would advise a victim to advertise his/her whereabouts every moment of the day....it is almost feeding into the stalker's fantasy I was stalked when I was younger and was paranoid about privacy and still am....thus, I do not use social media tmi
And isn't it nice that we, including Lisa can decide how to live our lives, what to share, where to go etc? I suspect some of the criticisms hurled at Lisa are not out of concern for her but to mock or demoralize her. Not unlike those who say women that wear short skirts or tight clothing are asking to be victimized.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I don't like Robin Roberts at all, but I will watch this.

Esteemed Contributor

jessa, I am sorry you had the experience...It is terrible and so frightening and you try to live your life; I lived in NYC at the time and was constantly looking over my shoulders....it just went on for years and to this day, i am cautious.....it never leaves you even when it ends
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know Lisa and not trying to demoralize her. I worked in women's health all of my career and returned to school after my experience to help women who experienced many different types of abuse including stalkers. She can live her life anyway she pleases, this is the USA....but, I merely pointed out that I would and did not handle my situation in the same way. I would not wish for harm to anyone.