Regular Contributor

Liquid foundations vs. Laura Geller

I am 64 years old with pretty good skin. I used a liquid foundation from Clinique & boy did my pores stand out & it all settled in my pores & wrinkles! Guess Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten works best for me. Any thoughts on this? Maybe don't get as heavy a coverage but there is a tradeoff!

Honored Contributor

Re: Liquid foundations vs. Laura Geller

I have 10 years on you @Novemberbabyand I'm finally going to toss all my Balance and Brighten.  Should have done it years ago because it rests in my pores and wrinkles almost like any full powder makeup.  I love Laura, but I have to carefully limit what I use from her line up.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @millieshops @Novemberbaby I use Laura's Baked Elements now after years of her B & B...I like it much better...it is talc free unlike B &B and I find it more hydrating, doesn't settle into fine lines and gives nice coverage (from light to full depending on application) I use Skinn plasma fusion liquid or stick foundation first then her Baked elements and my makeup stays nice all day! There is a thread about pores with a good link to Wayne Goss (make up artist) who shows how to minimize the look of pores with makeup (powder) that is fabulous! HTH's

Regular Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I am 64 years old with pretty good skin. I used a liquid foundation from Clinique & boy did my pores stand out & it all settled in my pores & wrinkles! Guess Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten works best for me. Any thoughts on this? Maybe don't get as heavy a coverage but there is a tradeoff!

I always use Clinique because I have very sensitive skin.  i use Mally's Pore Defender (or something like that) which gives a smooth finish and doesn't add any color or texture.  It's clear and goes on with a sponge.  I'm 70.  I just never have luck with powders because for me they settle into every line and highlight every wrinkle.

Super Contributor

Ladies, 69 here and I use It Celebration Foundation, I have very large pores and it doesn't settle.  Best Foundation I've found.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I have 10 years on you @Novemberbabyand I'm finally going to toss all my Balance and Brighten.  Should have done it years ago because it rests in my pores and wrinkles almost like any full powder makeup.  I love Laura, but I have to carefully limit what I use from her line up.

I find the same thing for my dry mature skin. I can't use Laura's B&B or her baked elements. I have to stick to a liquid. From here I like Mally's defender bb and from drug stores I like L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi, like and use both.

I like to watch Laura but can't use her foundation or anything powder. I do love and use her eye rimz as well as her eye rimz small brush(perfect). I also LOVE her tri tip brow marker on my almost non existent brows. Pencils, gels, waxes etc just don't look natural when you don't have brow hairs for them to adhere to but these      tri tip makers, perfect, looks like I have brows I use to have when in school, great and so easy.

so, can't use anything powder since it shows up lines/wrinkles I didn't even know I had. I think it all depends on how you apply a liquid foundation. For a lighter coverage I use my real techniques stippling brush and if I want more coverage I use my real techniques expert face brush. I just put a tiny bit on the top of the brush(whichever I use) than dot around my face than using a circular motion, blend in.