Honored Contributor

Lipsticks with staying power?

Hello Beauties - I was just reading KatCat's post about naming your 2 favorite lipsticks and enjoyed all the great resposes. However, I was wondering if anyone can suggest lipsticks that are long lasting during the work day?  I don't mind touching up, but I find myself having to touch up quite often.  Can anyone suggest a brand to try with staying power?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipsticks with staying power?

@San Antonio Gal

I line my entire lip with this MK lip liner, then fill in with whatever- Clinique, Josie Maran, etc. and it stays on forever.

Honored Contributor

My sister and I can't wear lipsticks, since the pressure on the lips, makes us come down with cold sores!  She has a worse problem with them than I do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wet n wild Megalast...not kidding!Woman Happy

Found out about how good they are from makeupalley.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

wet n wild Megalast...not kidding!Woman Happy

Found out about how good they are from makeupalley.

@SilleeMee- I think that might be the one Angie/Hot-n-Flashy chose, too.  She had a bunch of them in various price ranges and ended up liking the cheapie best.  

Honored Contributor

I have never found a lipstick alone that has really long lasting power.  You tend to drink coffee or water at work which takes the lipstick away.  If you don't eat or drink you will be fine.  Just keep the lipstick in your pocket and reapply.  I tried a long lasting lipstick once and it dried out my lips -- never again.  Maybe someone knows of newer products on this thread.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

My daughter recently introduced me to Lipsence.  There are so many shades.  The color stays on all day.  You can apply a gloss or shimmer on top if you like.  Look online.  It is pretty amazing;  I have not had chapped lips at all this winter.  

Honored Contributor

I started using Nars liquid lipsticks recently.  A little drying, but not bad.  Color really lasts.  If you are older like me, you need to apply carefully so it doesn't "travel", but it really does last.  All other brands disappear on me within a couple of hours even without eating or drinking.

Respected Contributor

Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick.  I wear this when I go to an event that involves eating.  I went to Thanksgiving dinner wearing this, and it stays through the whole event.

Respected Contributor

And if you don't like liquid lipsticks, to make any lipstick with more staying power, apply the lipstick, blot with tissue, and then apply it again, and blot again.  It will stay twice as long.