Honored Contributor

$50.00 for a tube of lipstick. Just plain dumb!!! Lipstick formulas are usually about the same and it is easy to match color. Try the Dollar Tree

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

I would never pay $50 for a lipstick, but I would never buy one at the Dollar Tree, either. I would be concerned about how old the lipstick is there. Lipstick is one of those makeup products that don't last forever--they go rancid.

I have purchased both expensive ($25-30/tube) and drugstore brands, and as long as you get a good color, there's not much difference. Granted, some brands are better than others (less drying, longer lasting, etc). My latest favorite is an inexpensive tube of NYX Thalia, which I purchased at Target for about $4. Perfection!

However, I do occasionally splurge on a Chanel or Dior lipstick, and I have to say, I've never been disappointed! Kiss

Honored Contributor

Who is charging $50? That's a little too high for me.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Vamp- is that a pic of the Thalia shade you like? It's gorgeous but I have problems with paler shades like that. Even though I whiten my teeth, they always look yellowish with a pale shade of lip color. I'm frustrated since I have so many like that. But since it's not expensive, I may have to take a chance on that shade, too, just to be sure... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

My limit is $25 but I will admit- I eye the ones in the $30's. Haven't gone over the edge - yet.

Would never pay $50.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Used to test skin care products. We would test lipsticks up to 3 years in the 120F. oven. Never had a problem.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

love the pic shade

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/25/2014 KatCat1 said:

Who is charging $50? That's a little too high for me.

Poppy, The Lipstick Queen is selling a lipstick collection called Red Carpet for $50. The golden tube is lovely and the shades are pretty, but unless that tube were refilable I would not pay $50 for a lipstick either.

Tom Ford's lipsticks are also $50 ($48 before tax).