Honored Contributor

Well, reading these new to me lipsticks, pretty colors, but reviews are like 1 or 5 there's no middle ground. If I don't read better than that, there' no sale. 

What are you using for pretty colors for this year, any gloss, or wand or tube use? What are you favorig this year. 

Trusted Contributor

I love lip gloss.  For some reason lipstick ends up outside my lips as the days wears on.  I thinkt he term for it is feathering.  I cannot stand that so I love lipglos.  I'm not tied to any brand.  I like lighter brown somewhat nude colors for everyday and then burgundy and purple when I want a bold pop of color. 

Honored Contributor

I think lipstick colors and how they look on someone is a very individual thing. It depends on your coloring etc. I am a verty cool toned natural redhead and very few lipstick colors look good with my complexion. My Mom was Italian heritage and olive complexion - she could wear almost any lipstick shade.

Frequent Contributor

My favorite, and newly discovered, is Lipsense by SeneGence.  It is a long wearing (lasts hours) liquid wand.  A must is putting their clear gloss over it (after waiting 3-5 seconds).  This brand comes in many colors, my favorite is Mojave.  It is a little pricey, but worth it, in my opinion.  Some women are selling it on their own around town, but I mainly buy mine from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lipstick reviews

[ Edited ]

My recent lipstick discovery that I like a lot is La Creme by Too Faced.  I find it non drying and comfortable to wear.  HSN had a one day sale where they were priced at $15 instead of $22.   I bought 2 neutral shades but I am planning to buy another with a little more color than just beige.  I've got Nude Beach and Naked Dolly (stupid name).

Respected Contributor

My favorite for years have been Revlon's Superlustrous Lipstick. My favorite is 537 Blushing Nude.  I also love Revlon's Matte Balm. My favorite color is Sultry. 

My newly discovered favorite lipsticks this year is Maybelline's Color Sensational lipstick.  I think my favorite might be Clay Crush from the Creamy Matte line.  If you go on Ulta's website, this line of lipstick has 4.5 stars reviews from 576 reviews.  I have gotten so many Maybelline lipsticks this year after Clay Crush. I am sure there will be another fewfound favorite soon.

I have Clinque, Tarte, Estee Lauder and many more high end lipsticks in my stash, but I've been reaching for Maybelline more often this year than the high end brands.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal. I've always gone back to BB original formula lipsticks. Not sure of your coloring, but I stay w/ the beigy, pink/ nudes. If you get to the counter, the artists are pretty good at finding shades complimentary to your coloring...BB doesn't believe in matching to clothing, but finding shades that work w/ skin tone. Makes it a lot easier and not a drawer full to choose from. 

I do makeup before getting dressed...always do neutral eye and lip so it'll go w/ anything. If I did red lip (wouldn't be me anyway), couldn't do pink top. Guess that's why she came up w/ alternate plan.

Respected Contributor

Somebody here mentioned Clinique Color Pop Sheer Lip Glaze. I bought Plum Sugar and Licorice...love them both! Nice, sheer color that stays on pretty well, and doesn't feather (or at least, it doesn't show if it does).

I hate using lipliner, so these are perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@qualitygal. I've always gone back to BB original formula lipsticks. Not sure of your coloring, but I stay w/ the beigy, pink/ nudes. If you get to the counter, the artists are pretty good at finding shades complimentary to your coloring...BB doesn't believe in matching to clothing, but finding shades that work w/ skin tone. Makes it a lot easier and not a drawer full to choose from. 

I do makeup before getting dressed...always do neutral eye and lip so it'll go w/ anything. If I did red lip (wouldn't be me anyway), couldn't do pink top. Guess that's why she came up w/ alternate plan.

Hi @Shanus .. there are several lipsticks on the BB website.  Can you let me know which one you are using?  TIA.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector. Berry Shimmer, Sandwash Pink, and Blondie Pink.