Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@beach-mom @tobe I bought my mom one of those to try because she was interested in trying them based on my aunt's rave but she said it stung her lips really bad. Did you find that to be true for you too? I think it has the drying kind of alcohol in it if I remember correctly so maybe that is why. She does not have dry lips- just normal. I hear really good things about the wear of them but I do not like things that burn my skin, lol. 

Hi @HappyDaze! It does tingle a little, but nothing that bothers me much. My lips are normal, like your mom's, not dry at all. You have to make sure your lips are dry before you do the first coat. I use a sheet of toilet paper and blot them. Then I make sure not to close them at all when I'm doing the process.

As I said, it is time consuming, but your lip color will NOT budge or come off. I'm amazed at how these work! DD wears nothing but these now, and she's more of makeup junkie than I am!

I told DD I was going to use just these for a while, like she does, and today I got my waitlist order for Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea set! What's a girl to do? LOL! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick reviews

[ Edited ]

Fiona Stiles Ultrasuede High Intensity Lip Color is a non drying matte which is described as a "matinee finish." And wow is this nice! This is a liquid lip color, doe foot applicator yielding a crisp, precise application and super long lasting. I am impressed. Very impressed. For those who love a gorgeous true red, look at Cherry St. Ummm, umm, um. A real beauty. Bold, captivating, yet tasteful, a marvelous and classy shade that has me a bit awed. This color makes me feel very chic and sofisticated. I'm new to this line and recently picked up a cross section of items at Ulta.  I'm slowly wading through these products and find myself very impressed with the quality and results across the board. Any negatives are solely my color choices, albeit, I really like most everything so far, just some a bit more than others. I can hardly believe what wonderful products this American made, Cruelty Free line has to offer. Very moderately priced too. $16 for this lippie. I have Cosby (or Crosby) too, which is a lighter yet rich orange-red. Just lovin' the non drying finish, the feel, which is soft and good and the fact it stays put for hours.

I have a few different varieties of lipstick products from the line but wanted to share this one now. Good stuff ladies. See for yourself at Ulta and take a look here as the Q carries some of her products too.

I am enjoying all the comments up thread also! Thanks so much to everyone for sharing your favs!

Honored Contributor

Revlon Kissable Lip Balm Stain- Favorite shade is Honey! 

Color my lips but better! Love Love Love!!!💋

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a h-u-g-e Revlon Superlustrous fan and have worn the same color since the early 80's (thank you Revlon for not discontinuing this!).  Moisturizing and lasts for hours.

That said, I recently got a Laura Geller lip crayon in a kit -- I think it's a "Love Me Dew" crayon.  OMG!  It's so moisturizing and shiny and feels good on my lips.  Nice color too (Watermelon) and it lasts a long time.  I'm pleasantly surprised.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

A recent grab for me was the BB pot rouge in Calypso Coral. One thing about BB is that these are long-wearing.

Also I got the Neutrals in the Albeit line. The Rosewood in particular is a great shade for me.

I agree that lip colors & products are very individualistic. Probably the only review I would pay attention to is how well they wear. 

My own lip color tends to come through after awhile with lighter shades. But I don't carry a purse or anything, so long-wear and personal preference shade is what I look for the most.

Honored Contributor

Formula is more important to me than color.  I like a "medium" texture lipstick, not so creamy that it slides right off your lips and doesn't last very long.  That also rules out dry lipsticks that are difficult to apply even though they are long wearing.  Right now my favorites are Nudestix matte in Mystic, Laura Geller in Fresh Brew, and Urban Decay in Comfort Matte.  I also have a bunch of the new Maybelline color sensational shades.