Frequent Contributor

Any of the mattetrance lipsticks from pat mcgrath. Great formula and last longer than other bullet style lipsticks

Esteemed Contributor

Revlon - both the regular lipsticks and the crayons - work for me.  Apply, blot, then apply 2nd coat and the color will last for several hours.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Not sure if this is in you price range but I love YSL Vinyl Cream Lipstains. They come in an array of colors and go on like a lipstick with a gloss. It eventually dries down to a stain but not drying at all. I can get 8 hours out of this product. They sell for $36. Well worth the money.

Honored Contributor

To make lipsticks last longer, apply a bit of concealer and set lightly w/ your powder. Next use a lipliner that’s close to the natural color of your lips (not lipstick). Fill in w/ liner. Apply lipstick, blot and then apply again. Most of the time, the lipstick needs something, other than just lips, to adhere to.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You wouldn't believe it if you looked at the price but the wet n wild Megalast lipsticks are really good! I have several colors and they do stay on for a very long time. Many shades to choose from, too. Many ladies must like them too because there are many good reviews for them. I paid anywhere from $2 to $3 for them. 

@SilleeMee  - their Balm stains (which were discontinued) were the best staying power lip colors I've ever used!! I do have a very small stash but wished I would have known they were being discontinued.

Searching for a replacement- ran across Jordana's moisturizing Balm stain in 10 fresh fig. Not quite as good as WnW but worth a try - also a bargain. I purchased through Walgreens dot com.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Origins has new lipsticks and shades.  One is a full lipstick and the other is a balm.  Read the reviews.  Check it out online. $20

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @blackhole99 about Urban Decay. Their Vice Comfort Matte lipsticks ($18) are incredibly long wearing.  Furthermore, they do not dry out the lips as some other long wear formulas have been known to.  I have a second option, but the price point bumps up a bit.  By Terry's Rouge Expert Click Stick ($32) is a terrific long wear cream option for lips and cheeks.  This product does not budge until a cleansing makeup remover is used.  It's the kind of product I like for my pared down travel makeup bag. 

Honored Contributor

I checked Buymebeauty and others several times; no luck. There is a seller on EBay but thy want $70 for one....I just won't be taken advantage of like that!

Honored Contributor

I can remember when we had many lipsticks that stayed on all day.  Maybe in the early '60s they discovered that Red Dye #??, caused cancer in a rat.  The subsequently removed that dye from the market and we havent had a decent lipstick since.  Could it be because most chemists are men?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Lipstick rec

[ Edited ]

Many lipsticks contain Lead.   I like Skinn lip color and Burts Bees and they do not contain lead.