Honored Contributor

I am searching for lipstick that has actual staying power! Several years ago, L'Oréal discontinued their "endless platinum" line of lipstick....the best ever...no bleeding, no feathering, and it stayed on literally all day. I have spent a lot of money trying to replace this line to no avail. Lancôme has nothing similar and the other L'Oréal lip products aren't even close to the same. 

Anyone have a lipstick with staying power they like well enough to recommend? TIA!

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Chanel girl and would definitely suggest you give that a try.  All of the formulas of Chanel lipstick I've used have all had staying power.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am looking for the same thing!  I have numerous lipsticks—high end & drugstore.

None of them last.

Honored Contributor

Urban Decay IMO has the best long wearing lipstick to date.They sell a lip pencil with their nude lip color  that will work with other colors. If you line your lips and fill in your lips with the pencil then apply the lipstick, it lasts quite a while. I try everything and for now, this is the best.

Honored Contributor

You wouldn't believe it if you looked at the price but the wet n wild Megalast lipsticks are really good! I have several colors and they do stay on for a very long time. Many shades to choose from, too. Many ladies must like them too because there are many good reviews for them. I paid anywhere from $2 to $3 for them. 

Regular Contributor

I am in your same boat...looking for a lasting lipstick. I must put it on 15 times through the day ...

Lately I have had luck with Stila lip stain.  I put it on and then layer it with a softer color. and it will last several hours anyway!

Honored Contributor
I use Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner so will give the lipstick a try; that brand is highly under-appreciated! Thanks.
Honored Contributor
I have tried Chanel but couldn't find a color that worked for me.
Respected Contributor

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color

maybelline-superstay-matte-ink-lipstick-800x435.png

It is a liquid lipsticks that actually stays for a long time even through meals.  It easily lasts 8 hours or more. (Their website says 16 hours. But I never wear lipsticks for that long, so I don't know. But I can say it lasts 8 hours. Just make sure you don't use too much, and let it dry down after you apply it).

I also like the Maybelline's Color Sensational Inti-Matte Lipstick.  It doesn't last as long as the liquid ones. But it is more comfortable and more color choices.  I prefer wearing this than the SuperStay.  But when I know I don't have time to reapply during the day, then I wear the Super Stay.

Maybelline-Matte-Lipsticks-01.jpg

I have and use many high-end lipticks-- Clinique, Urban Decay, Bite..etc.  But these are as good as any high-end lipsticks.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I am searching for lipstick that has actual staying power! Several years ago, L'Oréal discontinued their "endless platinum" line of lipstick....the best ever...no bleeding, no feathering, and it stayed on literally all day. I have spent a lot of money trying to replace this line to no avail. Lancôme has nothing similar and the other L'Oréal lip products aren't even close to the same. 

Anyone have a lipstick with staying power they like well enough to recommend? TIA!

I do not understand why companies discontinue products that customers like.  They discontinued mine too.  I was able to purchase from Buymebeauty.com.  You might want to take a look and your lipstick may be there, mine was.Smiley Happy Hope this helps.