Honored Contributor

I buy LQ on ebay, usually for about half the price of the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@suzyQ3  the blushes are on sale right now, on LQ website,  for $6 if you want to get another one. 

@151949, thanks so much. Yes, I have bought some during their sales. But since I have every shade and they last forever, I'm good. :-)

@suzyQ3 hello my best enabler😘   Ok I have never tried Lipstickpstick Queen.  Sale prices are great so I will probably order some.  Which of the lip products should I try.  I'm not a matte fan and I like lipstick and gloss equally.  Also the blush....compared to Stila water color blush ( think that's the name) ?

@151949 thanks for mentioning the sale.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, I know that you are a fan buying skin stuff on eBay and glad that it obviously works well for you.

But I would never do so. I don't care how great the seller is, I don't trust that I will receive fresh stock or, in some cases, authentic stock.

Any discount from buying there is just not worth it to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@suzyQ3  the blushes are on sale right now, on LQ website,  for $6 if you want to get another one. 

@151949, thanks so much. Yes, I have bought some during their sales. But since I have every shade and they last forever, I'm good. :-)

@suzyQ3 hello my best enabler😘   Ok I have never tried Lipstickpstick Queen.  Sale prices are great so I will probably order some.  Which of the lip products should I try.  I'm not a matte fan and I like lipstick and gloss equally.  Also the blush....compared to Stila water color blush ( think that's the name) ?

@151949 thanks for mentioning the sale.

@Suebdoo, hi, my friend!

For the most part, I'm not a big fan their lipsticks. I think that they are overrated and overpriced. That said, I have enjoyed their Butterfly Ball line, which is sort of like a lipstick/gloss combination.

As for the Oxymoron blush, it's a cream that goes on matte. It is more opaque than Stila's blush that you reference. It's a bit drying, so you need to have put moisturizer on. It has good longevity. I would never buy it at full price, but for $6? Not much to lose, unless of course my description totally turns you off. :-)

Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick queen tsv???

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, I know that you are a fan buying skin stuff on eBay and glad that it obviously works well for you.

But I would never do so. I don't care how great the seller is, I don't trust that I will receive fresh stock or, in some cases, authentic stock.

It is always worth it to me, buying things for such low prices enables me to try so many new things, if I had to pay retail for them, it would never even be a consideration. I have only been burned maybe once or twice in the last 13 years and PayPal always makes good on it, so no worries. It is my go to dept store, love it. I have not ordered anything from the Q in over 5 years , but do get some good buys on HSN and Evine once in a while now. Whether you buy from a dept store, shopping network or anywhere you will never know how fresh something is.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

It is always worth it to me, buying things for such low prices enables me to try so many new things, if I had to pay retail for them, it would never even be a consideration. I have only been burned maybe once or twice in the last 13 years and PayPal always makes good on it, so no worries. It is my go to dept store, love it. I have not ordered anything from the Q in over 5 years , but do get some good buys on HSN and Evine once in a while now. Whether you buy from a dept store, shopping network or anywhere you will never know how fresh something is.

@Shelbelle I agree that you can find deals!  I don't hesitate to ask a seller about the dates on stuff.  @suzyQ3 you can get some great buys, but I do think some sellers sell returns or testers.  You can see by looking at the listings they have.  Red flags are slightly scuffed powder cosmetics, no seals if it is sold normally sealed etc.  I'm also leery when a  normal price if $25 and they are selling it for $3.99.  Especially when other sellers have the same for $12 +.  It's also pretty easy to see who is selling broken up kits and piece them out....99% chance those items are A OK.

P.S. I will get back to you on what I get on my Lipstick Queen purchase.  I might have a Butterfly question since I think that's an option.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, true, but whenever possible I check the batch number online. If it's too old, I would return it. This is especially problematic with perfume. So I do buy where it's a breeze to return or exchange.

Hey, it works for you, so that's what matters.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo, okay, so I just checked out their selection of Butterfly Ball lipsticks. At the last sale, they only had two shades. Looks as if they all or at least most of them now.

I have and like Smitten, Trance, and Fly. Trance and Fly run cool; Smitten is slightly warmer.

I recall not loving Moment. I think it was too red for me. And Float is your classic nude, basically no color. I personally would wear that only if I wanted to down down another shade, which I rarely do. So basically, it's not for me.

These a nicely pigmented, but like glosses, they look darker in the tube than on. I haven't tried Goodbye because it certainly does look dark. But it may be a cool color.

Please don't blame me if you buy and don't like the. I would be very sad...sad....so sad. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't remember one but I wish Becca would do a TSV with the lip balm and their luminous blushes (very nice).   There are only a few things I like by Becca as I feel the rest are for the younger women.

kindness is strength