Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I haven't been wearing makeup or lipstick around the house.  When I do go out, I wear a big mask.  I certainly don't wear lipstick with a mask. (I don't even wear eye makeup with a mask any more.  Why bother?)  

I realized yesterday that I haven't worn any lipstick at all since early February.  Hmmm.....  My lipsticks are wasting away sitting in my makeup drawer.    Are any of you still buying and wearing lipstick?

When (if?) this whole virus thing is all over, I'll throw away all the makeup I have and buy all new.

I always wear lipstick. I haven't been out of the house since January due to an illness that I have since recovered from. However, it is the one cosmetic that I really enjoy. It brightens me up and makes me feel good.

Since this Pandemic started back in February, I have ordered a few Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks that I really enjoy. Last week I received a Bobbi Brown lipstick in the mail. I think lipstick is my desert island product!

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Shanus  when you swatch makeup and put on your thumb are you opening lippies and foundations in the store??  and then go outside??

Ed.  Ok sorry maybe this is an Ulta or Sephora thing, i haven't been to either in years nor a Dept store beauty counter.  i'm just no longer a MU person i have doubles of some things i liked at one time so long they should be tossed! especially lippies.

@CatsyCline   Yes, swatch at any store.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago, Avon discontinued the lipstick I had been using.  I just couldn't find a substitute.

Since then, all I've used is tinted lip gloss.  I bought a bunch of colors - wear it every day.

I live in a high-rise building ... I never leave my apartment w/o makeup.

Honored Contributor

I am still working everyday so yes I am still wearing lipstick all day everyday.  I only put a mask on if I am going into a store which I only do once a week to grocery shop.  I am wearing make-up when I get to the store, including lipstick so I put the mask on.      

Trusted Contributor

I haven't really worn lipstick or gloss in a while because of wearing a mask. I do miss it. I'm so pale without make up I look a bit under the weather. When I go to donate blood, I have make sure to tell the nurse or technician that I'm really this pale all the time. I miss my old life. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick obsolete??

[ Edited ]

I always wear liipstick. I go out very rarely and now that masks are mandatory here, I will just skip the lipstick when I wear a mask. I always wear eyeliner also and will continue to wear eye makeup even with a mask.. I have also forced myself to shed the pajamas and put on clothes every day. DH just puts on sweats..and I put on jeans and a tshirt...that's as dressed as I get. I don't even go into the grocery store; just pickup out front so no one even sees me.  I won't toss my makeup; it is too expensive to throw away and perfectly good.

Respected Contributor

Obsolete? Never! I wear it all the time! There are so many great formulas and colors, what's not to love! Never without a tube of lipstick and/or gloss!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I stopped wearing lipstick a year ago. No one wears lipstick where I live in Maryland. 

I wear lip gloss. I love sticky lipgloss! At Christmas, I bought Philosphy's glosses in the 6 pack and I fell in love! I am 54, but I still wear shiny gloss it makes me feel good. I also like tinted lip balm as well. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo  I still wear lipstick before I put on my mask.  I love lipstick as it brightens up your whole face.  Usually, the lipstick is almost gone by the time I put on the mask.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Lip color is the cherry on the cake imo.  I can put a full face of makeup on but until I put color on my lips, it's just not complete.  I haven't worn lipSTICK in years.  I wear a lip stain and top it with a pretty sparkly gold/pink gloss.  Right now the combo is Elf Gotta Glow in Pink for the base and MAC Diamond in the Rough Lipglass.