Regular Contributor

I have been a fan of Cover Girl Continuous Color lip stick for years. It is a drug store brand that stays put for hours and contains wonderful moisturizers. I wear the smokey rose shade with my fair skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I am really in need of a lipstick that stays on but doesn't make my lips shrivel up from drying them out. I have tried many, but they either don't have any staying power or they are just far too drying, even with the gloss or sealer applied afterwards. Hoping some of the lipstick divas out there have some ideas! I have a big special event coming up in a few weeks and it is crucial I have something that works....I need to look my best! 

I have found that lipsticks that leave a stain are best. Even when they wear off, hours later you still can see a little bit of color. Clinique lipsticks stain my lips in their Different lipsticks catagory. Also Mac lipsticks in some of their creamy formulas are exceptionally long lasting. Good luck!😊🌺

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by the Doll 10 lipsticks. They are a multitask lip product. Last long and keep your lips moist. The colors work regardless. I like that because it's so difficult to find the correct color even if you are in the store. 

I also have had good luck with thre Bobbi Brown line of lipsticks. I find that they work with staying power and not drying the lips. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover 

Would  you consider a lip tint and/or a lipgloss?  Not a gloss over a lipstick.  I wear a lip tint and use a lipgloss over it so when the gloss wears off and I can't reapply right away, I still have color on my lips from the (non-drying) tint.

Trusted Contributor

I put Burts Bees lip balm on before I go to bed...have never tried putting it on under my lipstick but will give it a try...it may not make the lipstick last longer, but maybe it will keep it from making my lips so dry. I will give it a try! 

Trusted Contributor

I love the Burts Bees lip balm, but I need some brighter colors...I look very washed out without it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Thank you @beach-mom . That's a brand I haven't heard about.

YW @Shanus ! I'll be anxious to know what you think. I wore it today. It's been on since 8, and it looks now like I recently put it on, even after eating!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I was very excited to try a lipstick from Lisa Eldridge -- not the matte version -- last week and was very disappointed. I don't know how long it lasted on me, but it did not feel moisturizing at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick help

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover 

I love lipstick and have have alot of it in many brands. A current fav that may very well fit your needs is by Butter London. They offer a vast array of shades, of which I likely have most. Just ask me if you have any color/shade questions.

I find these two formulas to be exceptionally long lasting. Which for me is very much appreciated as I've searched high and low  looking for that longevity in a product that not only looks good but feels good on too. One formula is slightly more matte than the other but I don't find it, or either, drying at all. Nor have I ever experienced any traveling or feathering either. I sometimes wear a liner but that's not a prerequisite for these lippies, just my personal preference. (I also like two of their mlbb lip liner shades/colors. These too, stay on long and well.)

The Plush Rush collection of colors are opaque. If I want a slightly sheerer look or finish, I'll mix a very small dot of gloss with the lipstick, using a lip brush, blending well and apply. This has worked really well for me. And depending on the ratio of gloss to lipstick, can create a variance in my finish. I've wanted but have yet to try this using a thicker lip balm mixed with the lipstick. Seems like this may work too.

The BL Satin Matte is just as it says, with a soft satin finish but still has the longevity in wear for me.

Screenshot_20220410-165150_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220410-165913_Chrome.jpgp

Some Mac formulas have been longer lasting as well as Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller's 100 Kisses formulation. Not certain if LG's is still offered here but I've seen it elsewhere. 

Do buy my Butter London items when they've been offered on the morning show promotional sales. Often with 50% or more savings and free shipping.

Hope this may be helpful.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover 

I use this: 

Clinique Dramatically Different Lipstick Shaping Lip Colour.  It has a core of moisture in the middle now!  I reapply after lunch in it is still on after I get home!

Clinique Dramatically Different Lipstick Shaping Lip Colour