Frequent Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

For me it is Bare Minerals in the color Dolly. My lip color only better.

Oh I love this color too, in the Buxom gloss but it's hard to find. 

Valued Contributor

Pull down your lower lip. That color inside is your perfect YLBB shade!

Honored Contributor

I can't find the right shade!  I have a gazillion different shades, formulas, etc.  They never look the same on you as in the tube.  Also, the colors look so different in the stores.  And I hate how some companies have tubes that you cannot even get a peek at the real color inside.  They may have a colored tube or they expect you to make the decision based on the paper color swatches beside the product.  These are never the same as what they really are.  

Plus, I don't like really, really dark lipsticks any more.  I tend to go for the lighter shades but once I get them home, and apply them, they don't even show up!  I can't seem to find ones in the happy medium range that I like!

As for nude shades --- I admire them in the tube but they all look hideous on me!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I see that no one here ever speaks of Pink Cosmetics! I've been buying more and more and really love all their products. I just purchased a lipstick from them and absolutely love it! Love the color, love how it feels on my lips and it lasts forever. Their eyeshadow is awesome too.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@jobiz

I don't know what your coloring is; I'm a natural dirty blonde (gray now) with fair skin and green/blue/gray eyes.

I found that the NYX soft matte lip cream in Istanbul was a perfect match for me

The only problem is that I prefer a bold lip!

The NYX has an array of nudes to choose from and they really are a soft gentle better-than-yours lip color.

Image result for nyx soft matte lip cream istanbul swatch

Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest Bobbi Brown. She does nude that actually has just the right amount of color in it. Her shades seem to work for most  people. I've never had an awful shade. I think it's a safe first pick.  They go on smooth and last.

I also like Doris Dalton lipsticks. Usually I'll splurge once a year and get a "nude" set in pinks.  I like how she does the droupings.  It's another safe pick. If I get a three or four collection then I don't feel like I've wasted my money if I don't like one. They go on smooth and last.

Trusted Contributor

@jobiz, I don't know if you have a Merle Norman store near you, but they have little "bubble" squares with samples of their lipstick you can get to try different shades without having to buy to try.

Super Contributor

Try Pink Nude (lip crayon) from Nuetrogena or Cookie Dough (lipgloss) from Laura Gellar

Honored Contributor

BE's New lip colors are gorgeous, and very very soft, I can't remember the exact name but they lipsticks, and liquid lipcolor. My biggest problem is choosing a color!

Valued Contributor

I love nyx lipsticks  esp the matte ones!look over theswathes on youtube.

cathy from ma