Trusted Contributor

Lipstick Shades for Whiter Looking Teeth

Hello friends, I would love to hear your suggestions and recommendations. 

I've had to take a prescription medication the past few years that has damaged the enamel on my teeth. Many lipstick shades now make my teeth look yellow.

I am not a bright lipstick girl, I've tried. 

Do you have any recommendations on lipstick shades, brands, formulations, etc. that would help brighten the look of my teeth?  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick Shades for Whiter Looking Teeth

@Quinny 

i’m having similar issues...

I’m trying rubbing coconut oil on my teeth frequently throughout the day and teeth are recovering.💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny 

Try using lipstick products that have a bluer undertone rather than ones with a yellow undertone.

Also use enamel building toothpastes and stay away from abrasive toothpastes that contain charcoal.

Valued Contributor

what color is your skin tone and hair? freckles?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that you need a color with a blue undertone. I would try the Doll10 line because they are very universal colors. They also are very good lipsticks. If you just want one shade then  I would try Bobbi brown lipsticks. I find that the deep shades have the blue undertone but are not extreme.  I like matt but with some moisture in it. I like deep but not dark color or the Doll0 nudes, ( her nudes have color). 

Hope one of these solve your problem. In either line, the colors are universal so it's just a matter of which one appeals to you. It takes the stress out of the situation of which one to pick. IMO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny 

IT has a lipgloss called News Anchor Blue that you may like.   I haven't tried it but I've seen them selling it on QVC and specifically calling out that the product was made to make your teeth look whiter.

Trusted Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

what color is your skin tone and hair? freckles?

@MandyG06 My skin tone is light.  I have medium brown hair and blue eyes, thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

Also, any orange lipstick will make anyone's teeth more yellow.

Respected Contributor

I always wear a blue undertone lipstick, from light pinks to bright pinks, red, roses.  The "anchorwoman blue gloss" by It was awful - like a teen would wear, or an even younger girl.  Didn't do what it said.

I love Lancome Rose 368, Estee Lauder Color Envy Tumultuous Pink, Tom Ford Showgirl, Chanel Romanesque.   

Clinique Pop lipsticks have many that work great and are relatively inexpensive and I have found very high quality.  I am using Pop Shock right now.  

Lavender toned ones are lovely too if you can wear them with your complexion.  There are many to choose from, from very soft to magenta.

A bright red with blue undertones makes your teeth look really white!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really love Redrum (gorgeous red) and Weirdo (black) in the Jeffree Star line. They're liquid matte lipsticks and they wear really well. My teeth look screamingly white wearing these.