Trusted Contributor

Lipstick Queen Lipstick Users

I've watched the programs featuring Lipstick Queen lip products and the products have always piqued my interest.

Within the last year, I've read about them on a few blogs and almost all of the reviews have been favorable.

There are no retail outlets within 100 miles of me where I can purchase them, so ordering is my only option.

I'm interested in your opinions, which of the products do you like best?  Which colors are your favorites?  Which shade would you consider as a good "everyday shade"?  My skin is light to medium, I have medium brown hair and blue eyes.  As I have said here many times before, the advice and suggestions from my beauty friends on Beauty Banter is unmatched by ANY I've ever received at any makeup counter!  Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen Lipstick Users

I haven't used any Lipstick Queen products but I want to try them.  I'll check back for sure to read the recommendations.  I did want to say how nice it was to see someone spelling "piqued" right.  Smiley Happy   Most people think the right word to use in that sentence is "peaked" and I see it here all the time.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I just ordered through QVC.

Honored Contributor

I get mine on ebay for half the price of the Q, all new and sealed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny   Ulta carries them and there is a 20% off coupon now for Ulta with something rare about it - it's good on prestige brands too, which it usually isn't. Lipstick Queen is a prestige brand.  I think it expires Aug. 19th though so try to find it online perhaps on their website or in the Sunday newspaper from last Sunday.

I have a lot of LQ lippies and really like them - how they look and also how they feel on my lips.  However, they are not long lasting and I must reapply often.  I do get a lot of compliments when I wear a LQ color.

Honored Contributor

I have tried several LQ lipsticks. The only ones that I like are the Butterfly Ball line. They are fairly well-pigmented but glide on more easily than their Saint line (never tried Sinner -- too opaque for me).

In general, I think the lipsticks are overhyped and overpriced. I would buy only when their site has a sale -- the price drop is dramatic but limited to certain products. Fortunately, recently a sale included Butterfly Ball.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

my favorites are Lipstick Queen's Saint Pink and Sinner Pink. the Saint has a creamy, moisturing finish that I love for every day. the Sinner Pink is matte. for a long lasting application I usually apply the Sinner first and the Saint over it.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I've been a fan for many years, but her newer color changing line is my all-time favorite. I have tried every product of Hello Sailer, Frog Prince and Mornin' Sunshine. The latter two are my favorites but a lot of people like Hello Sailor. These go on like sheer balms but the color is really pretty and lasts a long time on me.

I just received one of her newest nude lipsticks, but I accidentally ordered the wrong color, liked it and ordered the one I originally wanted, LOL.

I will admit that I am a little bit partial to LQ because years ago I emailed a question to Poppy and she responded personally and had a lipstick sent to me to try the color. Dermstore carries the line and they have frequent sales. I think their 25% sale just ended, but they frequently have 20% off.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Take a look at Jean Queen. Years  ago I purchased a duo which included the matching gloss. Touted to be a "denim friendly" pink, I find it to be a very flattering shade that is complimentary to many skin tones and hair color. Gently lights up face without being over the top. I was more than pleasantly surprised with my original purchase as it was my very first "pink" lip color I'd ever purchased. Yes, its true! (warm reds, brick browns, oranges, corals were my mainstays)  I have since repurchased this fab shade! The gloss is very nice too, good pigment and staying power. The lipstick is longer lasting on me also.

I met Poppy at a Nordstrom beauty event. What a gal!  Naturally she choose my lippie, a gorgeous warm satin finish copper red for me that day. A stunning selection! 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Take a look at Jean Queen. Years  ago I purchased a duo which included the matching gloss. Touted to be a "denim friendly" pink, I find it to be a very flattering shade that is complimentary to many skin tones and hair color. Gently lights up face without being over the top. I was more than pleasantly surprised with my original purchase as it was my very first "pink" lip color I'd ever purchased. Yes, its true! (warm reds, brick browns, oranges, corals were my mainstays)  I have since repurchased! The gloss is very nice too, good pigment and staying power. The lipstick is longer lasting on me also.

@rochelleS  I bought that duo also and have liked it.  It's a very nice, wearable shade of pink that looks very natural and flatters my very fair complexion.   I'm happy that you have liked your duo also.