Super Contributor

Lipstick Queen ~ Hello Sailor. Did you get it?

I loved the idea of just our own lip color with our own natural berry shades enhanced (or whatever she said). But although there was a slight difference between the models, they all pretty much looked like they were wearing the same shade of pinkish gloss.

Was it my TV (or me) or did you think that, too?

I recall some other products along the way that were supposedly your OWN skin tone/lip shade, yet enhanced. With those, I just thought there was a very definite shade and wasn't sure if there were any real PERSONALIZED results.

If you got it, please review when you receive and wear it!

Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen ~ Hello Sailor. Did you get it?

I agree, I thought the color looked the same on all the models.

Honored Contributor

I was tempted but for the same money I received three of the ready to wear stains and personally I prefer a lip color I don't have to apply all day long and for the record his lip stains were terrific and Non drying
Super Contributor

The IT cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quois costs less & has the same results? Just saying.

Respected Contributor

On 5/11/2014 wishd4it said:

The IT cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quois costs less & has the same results? Just saying.

The It product turned a ghastly, clownish shade of fuschia pink on me. Not pretty on a fair skinned redhead. I've had nothing but great results with LQ so if I were in the market for this type of product I would feel much more comfortable trying Poppy's.
Super Contributor

I did get it. I haven't bought a lipstick for a very long time. I haven't worn any for the last 3 years since everything I have is a dark berry shade. As I age, those don't look good. And yet my lips are dark and the lighter shades don't begin to cover them. Big dilemma- and now I am just fed up of worrying over it.

I did think this was pricey, but for the first time in years I was mildly tempted, and decide it was worth a try- let's see. Not terribly hopeful.

Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2014 wishd4it said:

That one turned a hideous color on me and I like bright colors but...yeah..not like that.

I'd definitely think the sailor one would be worth a try if you like the more berry color. I think it is neat, actually. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 mustbuyless said:

I did get it. I haven't bought a lipstick for a very long time. I haven't worn any for the last 3 years since everything I have is a dark berry shade. As I age, those don't look good. And yet my lips are dark and the lighter shades don't begin to cover them. Big dilemma- and now I am just fed up of worrying over it.

I did think this was pricey, but for the first time in years I was mildly tempted, and decide it was worth a try- let's see. Not terribly hopeful.

I wore Nudes and Natural shades for years, but tried on my niece's Revlon Stick of some kind which was a deep berry shade. It looked great against my hair (white) but still a little dark and harsh for my aging lips and face. I got some other choices in a little brighter shades (but nothing too bright -- can't carry that off at my age, either) and I think they just made my face come alive.

THEN I dyed my brows darker -- had been using blonde pencils.

Those two changes really made me look younger -- or healthier, or something, IMO. I realized how washed out and faded I'd been looking in my quest to look natural and "age gracefully".

I hope you love Hello Sailor! After a 3 year moratorium, you deserve a new product you love! Good luck!

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 Andreatoo said: I was tempted but for the same money I received three of the ready to wear stains and personally I prefer a lip color I don't have to apply all day long and for the record his lip stains were terrific and Non drying

Thanks -- I'll head on over and check them out. I don't think I've ever found a lip stain (my preference) that was really non-drying!

Super Contributor

On 5/11/2014 HappyDaze said:

I agree, I thought the color looked the same on all the models.

Good. Not just me, then. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}