Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you, @Shelbelle.  I usually wear lip balm or moisturizing lipstick around the house.   But when I go out and wear a mask, it doesn't make sense to wear lipstick.  To me, it also doesn't make sense to wear a foundation or blush with a mask.  It all smears.  The important thing is to wear a mask when out in public!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle  I Love lipstick. So, when browsing/shopping, mostly online, if I come across a particular shade I really like I will purchase it. Like others, sometimes I'll wear it even around the house. I have a weakness for makeup in general, so I still purchase items. My most recent lipstick purchase is Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy in 'Apricot'. It's not too dark, not too light, and goes well with my skin tone; very pleased.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Lipstick is something that I never was without BV (before virus).  And I am also a lipstick and gloss addict.  Every time I would go shopping, I would look for and/or pick up a different lip product.  Now, with wearing masks -- no, I don't wear it.  I apply Carmex balm to keep my lips moist -- I hate dry lips.  I don't go any where but food shopping or for meds, so no point in it, as mask does not come off.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  I wear my lipstick at home but I also apply a matte color before leaving the house.  You really don't need a mask outside or in the car unless other people are present.  I own washable masks.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Lipstick might be my absolute favorite cosmetic item besides foundation.  Well I have others too so I guess I am a real junkie. Have missed wearing it with a mask so I do wear it at home. Many places here are lightening up on restrictions as far as enforcing wearing a mask. We have had very low numbers in my area especially in my county. If I go somewhere that requires a mask I will wear one. If it's a place that's optional I go without. Everyone has their feeling about this virus. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I'm with you, @Shelbelle.  I usually wear lip balm or moisturizing lipstick around the house.   But when I go out and wear a mask, it doesn't make sense to wear lipstick.  To me, it also doesn't make sense to wear a foundation or blush with a mask.  It all smears.  The important thing is to wear a mask when out in public!

I totally agree, the important  thing is to wear a mask.  I still only  go out when I have to buy groceries.  I wear a mask anytime I go anyplace if I am going to be face to face.  A mask is such a simple thing to do to keep others safe.  I am not understanding why everyone does not wear one.  I am still not understanding why people are gathering and no masks.  Rallys planning to be held no masks. Just because things are open does not mean the virus is gone.  Some people are acting like it is.   I personally think it is freeing to not worry about make up.  I only wear bare minerals powder and 8hr lipstick.  When going out with a mask I don't have to worry about putting any of it on.  I am not even carrying a purse.  I have a wallet with a wrist handle and it is so freeing.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The COVID numbers are extremely low in my area.  When I got over the fear of leaving my house and learned more about the impact (or lack of) in my county and started getting out more, I took a mask with me and tried to wear it but claustrophobia took over and the mask came off.  I'm glad I had my lip stain and gloss on!  I don't leave the house without lipgloss.  So yes, lip(gloss) now. 

It seems the numbers are on the rise in Texas tho.  Gov Abbott decided to reopen the state earlier than he should have (imo) due to commerce/economy.  Thank goodness for WM pickup!

Honored Contributor

I wear it at home for me, I just think its fun to experiment.  I will try two different formulas or colors at the same time, one on each side.  Good way to spot losers before I wear them in public, assuming I will be able to wear them in public again.

Honored Contributor

I never stopped wearing lipstick.  I live alone and seldom see anyone. 

Respected Contributor

I'm still working...I wear lip color every day. I don't wear a mask at the office...there are only 4 of us here, and our desks are far apart anyway.