Honored Contributor

Last night, I was watching Shawn and Mally selling lipsticks, and I thought to myself, who really is wearing lipstick now? Do you really want it all over your mask? I gave up on foundation, lipstick when the mask thing began. I just do my eyes and a bit of blush. Like Shawn has been saying, Now we smile with our eyes!!

Valued Contributor

I really miss wearing lipgloss.I have so many that I need to use.

Super Contributor

Pandemic-HAH!!!!

I do my face as I always have and I'm not going to let a pandemic or anything else stop me.

I do this for me.

Honored Contributor

We are required to wear masks at our nail salon and last week I had a pedi and a full set of fingernails done.  I became a little light headed and dizzy and took the mask off for a while.  Not enough air and breathing in to much carbon dioxide.  So I will only wear a mask when required and then for a short time.  

So I will wear lipstick.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Many places, like where I work, allow for not wearing a mask if you work in an area where you are not mingling with others or only occasionally passing by them. Most of my work is on a computer where I am not out amongst other people, so there is no problem.

In addition, restaurants in our area have opened up, albeit with less than full capacity due to regulations. My dermatologist was very excited the day I saw her, as she and her husband were going to eat in a sit-down restaurant for the first time in months. The waiters wear the masks, but not the customers. She couldn't wait to get all dressed up and go someplace where she didn't need a mask, but would be wearing makeup.

Also, it doesn't hurt to stock up on a good price for lipsticks if they are being presented, for the time when you won't be wearing a mask. Heart

Honored Contributor

Masks are required in my office unless you stay seated at your desk, which most dont, any areas that are more public the mask must be on, so it is a matter of taking it on and off, and I just dont want to see it full of makeup and lip gloss. We now have eat in restaurants too, but they will be eat and run, I am sure they will not be allowing patrons to sit around and socialize and with no mask. 

Honored Contributor

If not wearing tinted lip balm, I wear lipstick that I apply w/ my finger in a tapping motion and blot. I get enough color, but it doesn't end up on my mask. Gloss? Eh, that would be messy. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Masks are required in my office unless you stay seated at your desk, which most dont, any areas that are more public the mask must be on, so it is a matter of taking it on and off, and I just dont want to see it full of makeup and lip gloss. We now have eat in restaurants too, but they will be eat and run, I am sure they will not be allowing patrons to sit around and socialize and with no mask. 

@Shelbelle   A few of our restaurants are offering outdoor seating at patio tables w/ umbrellas. Lipstick would be ok under those conditions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick Now??

[ Edited ]

When I go out I always wear a mask and keep it on so I am not wearing lipstick or gloss and don’t need to buy any.  I still use Vaseline & lip balm. I am still applying my tinted moisturizer with SPF and eye makeup even when wearing a mask. 

Respected Contributor

Not everyone is wearing masks. I’ve only wore a mask one time and that was when I had a procedure done at my local hospital. When I go to the store, I go in, get my stuff and get out. It’s never been a place for me to socialize. I haven’t left my house much, only to do the things I need to do. I wear makeup when we ride motorcycle, which we’ve done a couple times.