Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick Lovers 💋

@rochelleS wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
A292216 Doll Ten !! Incredibly Delicious!! You can't believe what I've been through looking for long wearing and comfortable lipsticks. In the past tried set of her lipsticks shades and texture wasn't for me. Each color in this set is wearable and lushes looking on my lips. Thanks Doris!! Hands down the best!! Nude shade!!🙋💄💄💄💄

@Sweet_Serenity I just saw your post and hopped over and watched the video. Nice, very nice! Thank you so much. I am wondering if these lipsticks are scented? I have tried some Doll10 lippies in the past but the scent didn't agree with me. Alot of her items have been heavily fragrance and I'm hoping this set is not. Much Thanks for your time and assistance! 

First Love your name!! Wanted my Granddaughter to be given! Sons very first Girlfriends name, break up was painful. Enough on that! Lol Like you, Highly senstive to scents. Pleased to report these are not in that strong category. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Let me know.🙋

Awww, Thank You and Thank You @Sweet_Serenity. You're a doll. I grew up as Shelley, changed it to Chelle when I was ten or eleven, wanting to be cool. Ya, right. When my mother called "ROCHELLE! " oh oh, busted. I knew I was in trouble. Always loved the name and went straight out Rochelle in my early twenties. No turning back.

I purchased two lip duos from Holly Mordini, former Smashbox rep now has her own line on Evine this evening before I saw your thread. I am extremely glad to hear these lippies are not overly scented. I put them on check hold and wait to test run the new Stroke of Beauty items from Holly. Who am I kidding? I am such a lipstick junkie and your review really is impressive and speaks volumes to your pleasure using and liking the colors in the set. Many thanks again!  

Haha!! Know what you mean! Can't stop loving on these!! 💋
Trusted Contributor

I was always YSL and Chanel but now I am TOO FACED well I do have YSL #59 that is so gorgeous and now I am so in love with Charlotte Tilbury.  So happy you like your lipsticks as I love love love Lipsticks and glosses.

Trusted Contributor

Too Faced website has a sale right now............melted lip tube are $10 even the metal lip one and debuante is gorgeous and peony and they have their bullet eye liner for $9..........free shipping on all orders in the USA and a choice of two samples they also have some shadows. 

Respected Contributor

Hey @Annabellethecat66,

Thank you for the post. You sound a lot like me. I am fair and have good skin. No wrinkles.. I am pushin the Medicare age this year. I have such a fettish for the lipsticks. I think it's because it can give an instant boost to your mood and it makes me feel better. I too, don't leave the house without my makeup and definitely not without lipstick and sunglasses. 

I did go over and look at the Doll 10 set and I had to check to see if I had already purchased that set... lol... I didn't, but I had purchased a set similar to it awhile back.

I did break down and buy the TARTE Rainforest Set they had on last night as a one time only.. I got the pinks, which I normally don't go for, but it had a red color in it and a coral color included. So I bit and bought it. I am so weak. 

I will check out @stevieb -Purses are my weakness too, it use to be shoes also, but now not so much with plantars facitis.  I own several Dooney, Coach, Patricia Nash, Fossil and etc. I don't like heavy bags either anymore. Sometimes I take mine to a consignment shop, but then turn around and buy some more. 

Again, thanks for the post. It's nice to see that someone else has the same love of things that I do.  Someday I am going to count how many tubes and wands I own. I think it will scare me right out of my mind. LOL

Eve Pearl lipsticks, now that is one I do not own.  Sheesh how did that one get by me???

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just had an epiphany!  Lipstick (to some of us) is the same thing a purse is to others.

It's a very personal thing (picking one out, color and all).  You know, like someone else can't pick a purse for someone, it needs to be done by the person wearing the purse.

Same thing with lipstick, I think.  I can't imagine someone even trying to buy me a lipstick!

Someone should write a book about the woes of trying to find the right lipstick!  Ha!

Did someone say purse??  Now you have my attention!!  Ha!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@Sweet_Serenity@DowntonAbbey To Just name afew of the Lipstick Lovers.

I just want to tell you that I just received the Tarte Rainforest Lipsticks and they are 

awful. The colors are bad and they aren't morisutizing at all. They claim to be hydrating, but that is just not so. They are matte and have alot of drag to them. I just thought I'd let you know in case you thought about ordering. I purchased the pinks as there was "suppose to be a red coral " included.. No way!!   I am returning them on Monday.  The only nice thing about them were the color of the tube ( packaging)..

I bought a lot of Tarte lipsticks and none have ever been like these. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny I am getting ready to go to bed but tomorrow I will pull out some of my lipsticks and tell you what I think of them.

I spent 3 1/2 hours today in Ulta with my teenage granddaughters.  One of them lives (I mean lives) for makeup.  Funny thing is she can't wear much she just likes to put it on mainly at home.  She has the most beautiful light olive flawless skin you've ever seen.  I won't let her wear cheap makeup so......it ended up costing me (just for her $187) at Ulta (pretty easy to do there).

Anyway, she went bonkers when she saw so many of my lipsticks (just the one's I carry around).  Ha!  It makes my purse way too heavy but every time I think "I'll leave this one home".  I put it back into the purse.  

I just received some but I can't remember if it was Laura Geller (I think) that really stays on.  I'll pull them out tomorrow afternoon.

I recently received quite few of the Doll 10 lipsticks.  They don't last very long.  

Take care......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello @Annabellethecat66

That sounds so fun to go to Ulta with your GD. I don't have any GD only one grandson and he is only 3. He will be 4 soon in April. Thank goodness my daughter likes makeup too. She and I went out to Ulta this afternoon. She bought a bunch of Mally eye products and a lipcolor. I restrained myself and bought 1 Lipstick Queen lipstick as they are only $14 right now.. Then we headed over to Sephora and she went crazy. Good thing she has a good job. She's an RN so she can do it. She doesn't get out to shop a lot between work and taking care of her son. 

You and I sound like we have a lot of lipstick. Don't laugh, ,I have a suitcase full and that is no joke. I really need to go through them and get rid of afew, hard to do when you love lipstick.

I like Laura Geller lip products too. I still can't figure out why these Tarte lipsticks were so dry? Well, onto the next find. lol    Oh, I like Doll 10  lipsticks too, the darker ones for me stay on pretty good.

Honored Contributor

The Clinique pop lipsticks are awesome and stay on!  Cherry Pop, Graffiti Pop, etc.  (not the sheer ones).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity Are you referring to the 4 lipsticks that have only been on QVC for about a month? I got these also and I'm loving them. So pigmented and the staying power is really good for a tube lipstick. I tried the Doll10 gel lipsticks in the light pink and I did not care for them. These feel and look so different. Anyway, wanted to pop in and let you know that I am loving these also! 💄💄