Valued Contributor

Lipstick (Color) Dupe Needed

I finally found the perfect red lipstick for my fair, cool toned complexion.  It is the IT Cosmetics “Ruby Slippers”.  The problem is that this formula does not last at all.  I find I have to constantly reapply (even if I apply a primer first).   The IT website is having their F&F sale that ends tonight.  I am tempted to order a couple of lipsticks in this shade, but thought I would check here first to see if you ladies had any suggestions to a dupe that might wear a little better.

Thank you Ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick (Color) Dupe Needed

@Swedishmiss 

Did you try locating a potential dupe at Ulta or Sephora? 

I can't vouch for a color match but Butter London and or Urban Decay Vice lippies have pretty decent staying power for me. 

Regular Contributor

There are several on EBAY...

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I finally found the perfect red lipstick for my fair, cool toned complexion.  It is the IT Cosmetics “Ruby Slippers”.  The problem is that this formula does not last at all.  I find I have to constantly reapply (even if I apply a primer first).   The IT website is having their F&F sale that ends tonight.  I am tempted to order a couple of lipsticks in this shade, but thought I would check here first to see if you ladies had any suggestions to a dupe that might wear a little better.

Thank you Ladies!

@Swedishmiss   I'm not familiar w/ that shade. If you take your lipstick to a store where you can swatch colors, you may find a longer wearing match.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Swedishmiss  You could try the  beauty reviewer Temptalia. She has a dupe list for alot of products at temptalia.com.  I love the It colors but it doesn't last on me either. 

Esteemed Contributor

No lipstick I have ever tried lasts on me.  If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to try.  I wear shades of burgundy because I have fair skin and green eyes. 

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Chanel has the best shades of lipstick.  It is pricey but the lipstick is absolutely beautiful.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

If you can find Adesse New York All Day Lip Creme they really do last.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

No lipstick I have ever tried lasts on me.  If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to try.  I wear shades of burgundy because I have fair skin and green eyes. 

@bonnielu - I found one, but it's different. DD's college friend told her about it and sold it for a while. It's sold through representatives. It's called Lipsense, and it comes in a lot of colors. As I said, it's different. It's not moisturizing and it actually might seem like it's drying your lips out. The last coat of gloss makes it more moisturizing. But the color stays on through almost everything. The only time I have to reapply is if I've had an oil-based salad dressing, butter, or something like that. It does not come off. It is so nice to go out with friends and not leave an imprint on the drinking glass or napkin. I can apply it and speak all morning and it will still be on. You "paint" three coats on, letting it dry a few seconds between coats, then put a gloss on top. 

It's about all I use now. I recently ordered another brand I like. The color was perfection, but 1/2 hour later, it was off. 

And NO - I don't sell it!  I'm just a very satisfied customer! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu  Lipstick never lasts on me either until I tried Superstay Matte ink by Maybelline.  I apply in the morning and it stays on all day and night even after eating.