Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thanks  for the lesson Smiley Happy  So glad those aren't your lips.  I didn't know how to suggest to shave your facial hair lol.  With all that's been going on, I haven't even thought about it till last night when I saw hairs at the corners of my mouth.  Then noticed the peach fuzz on the outer parts of my face.  It's all gone now.

@monicakm 

Have you tried threading or waxing?  I get that done to my entire face and man, my make-up looks SO much better.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lips Are Shrinking

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I like City Beauty Plumping Gloss in clear. I put it on before doing my makeup.Does it give me a full pout, no, but it does smooth out my lips for liner and lipstick or gloss.

I think for thinning lips, lip liner in a shade that's close to your lip color is essential. If you line your lips on the vermillion border and fill in about a third of the way top and bottom, shading those areas, the lips can appear a bit fuller. Angelina Jolie, no, but definitely a fuller look.

Honored Contributor

Just about everything changes as we age.  Everything on our body heads south.  Pores on face get a little larger, lips smaller and eyebrows can go either way -- falling out completely or are more sparse.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have full lips and mine have not changed over the years. I make sure that they are never bare. There is always some kind of moisture on my lips. At night I use the Algenist liquid collagen lip serum followed by the Philosophy miracle worker ultimate lip serum stick. I'm not sure if that's the secret but I'm happy that my lips are still full. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Mine aren't thinning.  I've got nice, non artificial looking, lips.  What I've noticed is they've lost some color at the corners and I hate the way lip liner looks on me but thanks.

Honored Contributor

@santorini 

Same here.  I have something on my lips 24/7.  Can't stand lip lines and/or dry lips.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal 

The area between nose and mouth is line free.

So is mine TILL I looked in a 10 or 15X mirror.  They're coming! Smiley Surprised

Can't see them on either side of my makeup mirror.  I think the backside of it is a 5X.  Should have never looked in my husband's mega mirror!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I have not.  Shaving works and I can do it myself.  The other sounds expensive and painful Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

It totally surprised me when I first read women complain here that they have large pores.  I thought that was a young person thing.  I wonder if large pores and oil/sebum production goes hand in hand.  My face (if I didn't correct it) is very dry now and I don't have enlarged pores but I remember when I was younger with an oily complexion, I did have larger pores.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Just about everything changes as we age.  Everything on our body heads south.  Pores on face get a little larger, lips smaller and eyebrows can go either way -- falling out completely or are more sparse.

@Katcat1  @monicakm   Large pores become more apparent , if only started smaller and not visible, because as the face loses volume, the pores stretch and can become larger.

Very dewey makeup and highlighting can make them more exagerated and setting powder or a blurring or mattifying primer is needed.