Trusted Contributor

@lkow217 wrote:

I also just purchased these ....haven't tried them yet.  So glad this came up on the board.   I'll be checking back after I try them.   Glad to see good reviews!!!!!!!

Well, @lkow217, what are you waiting for 😊?  Try them and report back soon.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

These are not DRYING.  The alcohol prevents bacteria from growing and does NOT dry out your lips.  It actually exfoliates them the first few times you wear them.

I have over 13 and love them, I am 48 and hated ALL lipsticks.  Never was able to wear them because of feel or build up. 

THese are a dream.  And that specific alcohol allows the product to stay fresh for 2 years after opening. 

Its a great deal.

Valued Contributor

BExplorer

You did not let the layers dry enough in between putting them on.  Some colors are thicker and require more time, up to 2 mins. 

How you tell is put a thin layer on and wait 30 seconds.  Barely touch your lip, if it's tacky wait.  If it isn't, apply the next coat.  After 3 and dry, then apply glossy gloss. It seals the color and prevents sticking. 

Valued Contributor

When usiing Lipsense you cannot use any other product with it.

It will NOT work.  It does have a learning curve and a time commitment, but once you get the hang of it....wow I don't even use cleaner on my lips but OOPS>

Valued Contributor

BExplorer, use the lipstick it's self as your liner.  It is easy.  Practice a few times and viola you will have the perfect shade to match your lips.  Trust me.

I own over 13 tubes and I do NOT sell it!!

Valued Contributor

Hi gals, I am in no way affiliated with Senegence or lipsense but these products are the bomb.

Lipsense is so different.  As stated above in previous posts I have over 13 colors.  and 3 glosses. 

Glossy gloss seals and hydrates the best.  So if you want to try other glosses, use glossy gloss first then apply the other gloss on top, even if using the matte.  It works. 

I researched this brand 3 months before buying my first color.  Never liking any lip product before I was blown away.  Within in 4 months I have my collection.  Addicted 3 ppl on it and my cousin now sells to get her %off.

If you are having problems, as this product is so unique, go on youtube and watch videos how to apply.  It is extremely helpful.

Know that some hints are oils and waxes break down the color.  So before eating apply a heavy layer of gloss.  Know if you are eating oil and vinegar dressing, it probaby will come off your water line.  LOL

And don't be afraid to step out of the box with colors.  They can be mixed.  Meaning, apply a coat of one color, dry then apply a different color on top.  Layer to your experiment and then gloss. 

3 colors can make something like 100 seperate colors. 

Best of all, its all cruelty free.  GMO, lead, wax and gluten free!!!!  How awesome is that!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nadjalu wrote:

Hi gals, I am in no way affiliated with Senegence or lipsense but these products are the bomb.

Lipsense is so different.  As stated above in previous posts I have over 13 colors.  and 3 glosses. 

Glossy gloss seals and hydrates the best.  So if you want to try other glosses, use glossy gloss first then apply the other gloss on top, even if using the matte.  It works. 

I researched this brand 3 months before buying my first color.  Never liking any lip product before I was blown away.  Within in 4 months I have my collection.  Addicted 3 ppl on it and my cousin now sells to get her %off.

If you are having problems, as this product is so unique, go on youtube and watch videos how to apply.  It is extremely helpful.

Know that some hints are oils and waxes break down the color.  So before eating apply a heavy layer of gloss.  Know if you are eating oil and vinegar dressing, it probaby will come off your water line.  LOL

And don't be afraid to step out of the box with colors.  They can be mixed.  Meaning, apply a coat of one color, dry then apply a different color on top.  Layer to your experiment and then gloss. 

3 colors can make something like 100 seperate colors. 

Best of all, its all cruelty free.  GMO, lead, wax and gluten free!!!!  How awesome is that!!!

@Nadjalu - I didn't know this! I usually wait until after I eat and then reapply the gloss. But this makes sense, especially when you're with others. Thanks for that tip! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've been wanting to try LipSense for awhile. 

Is there a good website with color swatches?  I haven't been able to find one.  

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate If you are on Facebook, search there. They have a page. I also have a friend who sells & she has a closed group on FB. You can probably find a group by using search. I love it! I have never worn lipstick in my 60+yrs til now. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've been wanting to try LipSense for awhile. 

Is there a good website with color swatches?  I haven't been able to find one.  

@Sunshine Kate - Here is the one I use. It has EVERYTHING! Smiley Happy

LipSense Color Collages