Honored Contributor

Re: Lip injection nightmares

You've got to wonder what's in the head of an attractive young woman who would deliberately turn herself into a freak.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hope she doesn't regret having all these injections.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How does the skin on one's lips stretch that much???  I don't think it can.

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of people with severely distorted self images that keep pursuing more and more treatments no matter how grotesque the outcome. Body dysmorphic disorder and plastic surgery go hand in hand. Those with BDD often have distorted expectations of the results their surgeries and procedures can achieve. When the outcome does not meet their expectations they often continue seeking more and more treatment. 

Here is some research on this subject. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwiLsLeuxbvpAhURHqwKHYGmDQk...

Trusted Contributor

Those people that are transforming themselves to a monster, suffer from a disease.

Behavioral disorder is perhaps for those that that suffer for an insecurity of their looks, they want more, more and then a frangistein (dont know how to spell the word). They simply go to the next surgery to "correct" the previous one.

Simply, they suffer from the impact of a body dysmorphyc  desorder and surely though, they end up getting addicted to presciption opiods, illegal drugs and alchool.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

How does someone eat or drink?

Respected Contributor

Do others remember when Lisa Robertson came in with her upper lip (I think one side) all blown up out of proportion?  As if a bee had stung her there?

I don't think it was ever addressed, but I couldn't stop staring at it.  Sure everyone else did too.  Maybe she had an allergic reaction to the substance. 

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

There are plenty of people with severely distorted self images that keep pursuing more and more treatments no matter how grotesque the outcome. Body dysmorphic disorder and plastic surgery go hand in hand. Those with BDD often have distorted expectations of the results their surgeries and procedures can achieve. When the outcome does not meet their expectations they often continue seeking more and more treatment. 

Here is some research on this subject. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwiLsLeuxbvpAhURHqwKHYGmDQk...

@Mindy D 

And that's why NO respectable doctor should do things on these people.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You've got to wonder what's in the head of an attractive young woman who would deliberately turn herself into a freak.

@Kachina624 

It's a mental illness, and doctors should NOT do it.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I'm speechless.