Trusted Contributor

Lip Tints for Fall and Winter

I would like to know some of your favorites.  I have chapped lips from the first chilly day of Fall until the last chilly day of Spring.  I have had this problem ever since I was a child.  I use a lip therapy at night to keep the problem somewhat under control.

But...lipsticks and regular lip glosses are out for me during the "chapped time".  I use tinted lip balms.  I don't care for the really dark grape looking tints, but it seems as though everytime I buy one, iit ends up looking like a washed out berry color on me.

Do you have any favorite brands or favorite shades that might be more well suited to the Fall and Winter months as far as shades are concerned?  I would love to hear them.  Almost all women wear lipstick and/or lip gloss and they have no ideas about lip tints or lip balm tints.   Thank you my friends!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Lip Tints for Fall and Winter

I am a "Lover" of Burt's Bee's tinted lip balm.  It is made with all botenical waxes and shea butter and have a great assortments of tints.  Average Price is $6- to $7- for one. 

Super Contributor

Make sure you're drinking lots of water to keep you hydrated. I find that helps a lot. carmex is  good as well. I like the Chapstick in the dark blue tube.  Revlon lip butters and Clinique butter shine lipstick are moisturizing. Maybe you could try those out for when you want some color.  Sorry I can't be much more help, I sometimes have this problem too. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love IT Cosmetics Vitality lip flush in the color Je Ne Sais Quoi. It's such a pretty pink and the color actually stays on through eating and drinking but still looks great. But through out the day and at night to keep my lips in great shape I absolutely swear by Paulas Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm. You can read the reviews for this and I swear you'll never have chapt lips again and its a big size, one jar lasts me for 4 months.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny  So many of the lip treatment products out there actually make matters worse.  I highly recommend starting with some gentle lip exfoliation.  I like Skinn's Sugar Lips for that.  You don't have to buy that, but you could probably make a little mixture of extra fine granulated sugar and coconut oil.  After that, apply some Skinn Lip 6X Balm.  This stuff is really nice and has helped me out a lot.  I haven't had chapped lips all year.  You may find that you can still wear your normal lipstick.  If you still want a tinted balm, I've had good luck with Burt's Bees and E.L.F. tinted balms, but neither of them stay on real long.  

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper for decades.   Just the perfect amount of color for everyday.  

Another, with more pigment. is Burts Bees lip balm..favorite Hibicus. They make a lip shimmer in Raisin which is not bad.

Many times products that proclaim to heal chapped lips actually CAUSE chapped lips.  ChapStick, Carmex...just a couple with ingredients to continue the chapped lip cycle.  Exfoliation runs in that same family.  The idea is to have hydrated all the time...so no need for scrubs.  Also balms/tints/lipsticks which are too 'loose' will make one unconsciously rub lips together.

My solution...wear Lip Smackers EVERYwhere...morning, noon, night.  For special occasions wear a pigmented lipstick, but right back to Lip Smackers.  Just the right amount of moisture.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Look to see if someone in your area carry "Jane Iredale".

I love her "Lip Drink" lip balm and now it comes in a color.

She also has one called "Sugar and Butter".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask is the best lip balm I have ever used, hands down. It comes in clear, champagne (a sheer shimmer), and Smashed, a pinky red color. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way, the moisture really lasts, and the tube also lasts a very long time. I'm still using one I bought last December. The product is thick and can be hard to squeeze. My body heat keeps it soft and easy to use when I keep it in my pocket. The Champagne shade is easier to squeeze out of the tube. I haven't tried the Smashed shade.

This is the most effective product I've ever found for chapped lips and I won't be without it. When I misplaced my first tube, I immediately ran out and bought another clear tube, plus one in Champagne. (Which of course meant my first tube showed up again, so I haven't even opened the second tube of the clear version.)

Here's a review of the Champagne version: http://www.temptalia.com/bite-beauty-champagne-agave-lip-mask-review-photos-swatches

Here's a review of the Smashed version: http://www.temptalia.com/bite-beauty-smashed-agave-lip-mask-review-photos-swatches

Respected Contributor

I highly recommend Trader Joe's brand of Trader Johann's Lip Balm Virtuoso. It comes in a three pack for a very reasonable price. It feels like heaven and is the most moisturizing clear balm I've ever tried. I can't go to sleep w/o lip balm on.

For color, nothing compares to Maybelline's Baby Lips line. I use Grape Vine as my every day but also love Oh Orange and Peach Kiss. I think you can't go wrong with any of them. They also moisturize like no other and impart such a beautiful sheen and light color that is buildable. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

*BRAND NEW-SEALED* Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF15 0.15oz(4g)

my Smiley HappyHG of non-tinted lip balms (also UV-protective)

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia 0.15 oz NEW 792850010703
my fave color ("Red Dahlia") of HeartBurt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Eco-Tints-Plush-Red-Tinted-Lip-Balm-4.25g.jpg (200×250)

my fave color of HeartEco Lips Eco Tints Tinted Lip Balm