Honored Contributor

Anyone have a favorite lip stain to recommend?  Are there any brands that are not too drying?  👄

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lip Stain Recommendations

I agree with you that many products which call themselves lip stains tend to be drying.  One stain which is exceptional in how it feels and wears is IT Cosmetics Vitality LipGloss Stain.  Over the past couple of years this product has attained holy grail status in my makeup bag.

Other long wear option I am extremely pleased with are:

Josie Maran's Color Stick.  The argan content elevates the hydration and there's always a hint of the color on the lips until removed with cleanser or makeup remover. 

Bobbi Browns Pot Rouge. This is a product which I have used for many years as a stain, although it is not.  I like it better on the lips than cheeks.

Bobbi Brown's Artstick is another long wear lip product which I think outperforms most stains without the dryness. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any recommendations on the lip stain, I just wanted to say

Hi, Tansy!!!

Image result for squirrel hello

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

And a big hi 👋 to you, @mistriTsquirrel!!

It's good to see you back here.  Hope all's well with you. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy

Thanks, Tansy.  I've been better, but I've also been worse.

...so let's eat some cake and forget about our worries...

Image result for squirrel eating cake

Whoops.  Maybe not that cake. 

heh

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is great!! Mositurizing and long lasting. 

Honored Contributor

I have never had luck w/ lip stains. If I hate the color, it's difficult to remove & then have to apply foundation to lips to get back to skin tone. I HAVE been successful w/ any good lip pencil...lining lips and filling in. Then I do the old trick of lightly applying powder through single sheet of Kleenex. After that, I use my favorite shade of gloss & blot. It stays on quite awhile.

Respected Contributor

This is what I use every day, and I won't use anything else.  My lips have pretty much disappeared, so I really something that I can count on.  I use Maybelline Superstay 24-hour.  The color goes on like a lip gloss with a wand.  You let it dry, then use the other end, which is a clear moisturizing stick, over it.  I also line my lips with NYX waterproof automatic lip liner before I put on the stick top coat.  I can put this on at 7:00 a.m. and it will still be there when I wash it off before bed.  Throughout the day I often throw some lip balm or lipstick on over it, just to freshen it up after eating something, but the color stays on until I wash it off with regular facial cleanser.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@tansy, at this time of year especially, I am always on the hunt for the perfect tinted lip balm.  I want enough color not to look like a zombie, but not so much color that it looks garish.  Then, I need moisture to keep my lips from hurting or drying out.  The one I've found that is a bit pricey but absolutely wonderful is:  Dior Addict Lip Glow.  It is a tinted balm that comes in 3 different tints, and the one I prefer is Lilac, but it also comes in a sheer natural pink & a sheer pink coral-both of which are fine too, I just prefer the shade of the Lilac on myself the best. This balm instantly soothes chapped lips & I absolutely love it, won't be without it anymore.  But I'm always on a search for other options too, of course!  They also  have a product that looks like a lip stain, called Dior Addict Milky Tint, but it sounds as if people aren't as pleased with that product because it is too drying.  So, if your issues are the same ones I mentioned above, you might enjoy Dior Addict Lip Glow, too.  Happy shopping!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are not considered "lip stains", but I find that they have very good staying power and leave a lovely tint on my lips...A280489...IT Blurred Lines Lipstick...My favorite colors are "Love" and "Perfect Nude"...I find them to be hydrating and not drying at all...The reviews are mixed but I love these and they work great for me.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~