Honored Contributor

I love Wen, but nope not paying 60 bucks for lip scrub and treatment. Sugar and oil works as a scrub and I can add any essential oils I want. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I wonder if his hair conditioner sales have been on the downward slide and that's why he's been getting into so many hair add on products, body care lotions and now lip products. If so it's probably smart marketing to keep yourself relevant in such a competitive area. Just like makeup companies, they keep adding and changing and trying to convince you that you need their latest and greatest new product.

Actually, Wen users have requested expansion of the product line. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

To make the best lip/body scrub:

Mix turbinado sugar w/ enough jojoba/argan/olive oil (your choice) until it forms the correct consistency.

I make a huge container full and keep a plastic canister in the shower, too.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Just checked it out. Regular price $61.00, price now $55.84 plus $3.00 shipping & handling and probably tax on top of that. For a lip scrub & balm! Wow that must be some serious miracle worker for lips.

So I just went and looked again, now I see it also comes w/3 ounces of a body treatment. Aha, missed that the first look see. Guess that jacks up the price. Nevertheless still too expensive for these chapped lips of mine. Have to pick up some my cheap vaseline lip therapy, works for me.

@shaggygirl   what a joke, have to concur with you..glad you mentioned the price with all the shipping + tax! this price made me angry when it costs so little to make (we all know that).

I don't care if it had 100 with 5 star ratings...go for it peeps if you have the money and enjoy this set but for the sizes of the lip products it's not fair pricing.

All it is at the end of the day is something one can make in 2 seconds in the kitchen. Plus sugar has never dried out my lips or I've never heard it to be drying on the body. Bogus.

Sara Happ does this too and they are most all petroleum aka Vaseline with sugar.

Do it yourself and save on a good SPF or skincare item IMHO.

I have Bliss' sugar scrubs and tried one a few times, nice as a fun thing to do but not a necessary item. I bought 2 in fact when Kohl's had them at 75% off last year (only reason I got them) they are sitting in my butter area of fridge to keep stable.

I forget to use them.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@annieo  Burt's Bees has one and there are 3 different products.  I just received the email.  The lip scrub, moisture and something else.  It will cost a lot less and still be a very good product.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My favorite lip scrub:

E5D04DE0-C961-42F9-9768-049AB0655EC5.jpeg