Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I don't put on my lipstick/gloss without first lining with this wonderful product! From ELF and only $3. I have lots of backups on this baby in case of "discontinued". A must have  for me.

Image result for elf liplock.

@silkyk

Thanks!

Of all the places around me that sell E.L.F. and I have never seen this product!  Either they don't order it or it sells out quickly.  It is definitely on my list. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

When you use a lip liner or pencil, do you try and match your lips' natural color or do you try and match the pencil to the color you are wearing?  I am not sure of how this is supposed to be and have done both ways.

I don't really like wearing a lip liner but find as I am getting increasingly older, I am having more and more problems with lines and lip products bleeding.  

Is there a particular brand that you think is really good?  Cheap is better for me  (LOL) but will go for more expensive if you really feel it's worth it!

Thanks so much!  

@AngelPuppy1  Instead of keeping up w/ various colors of lip pencils, I use a nude/pink shade close to the color of my lips. You can find drugstore ones, but some can be drying and drag across the lip during application. I use BB Ballet Pink. It’s also good to use the shade close to lip color so you can line & fill in lips and give lipstick something to adhere to.

I also prefer pencils you sharpen, not only for hygiene, but I’ve yet to find an automatic one that doesn’t break off under the slightest pressure.

@Shanus

Thank you!  Yes, for as many lipsticks, etc. that I have, that would be hard, if not impossible to buy and match for each one!  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wet n wild lipliner 666......it is my go to lipliner and goes with everything. the color is brandywine. i use it almost every day.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XRh8LjUP1L0/TjQUyvoMHKI/AAAAAAAAEm0/7JstFwaiFbg/s1600/087.JPG

@sunshine45

Thank you!  Isn't is great to find a product that really is perfect for you?  Not expensive either! 

Esteemed Contributor

Another thing that I think helps with the feathering is that along with the lip liner using a lipstick brush to place the lipstick exactly where you want it to be on the edge of your lip, then to fill the rest in, or not, I use it on the whole lip just because I like to. If you buy one be sure to get one that's retractable or at least has a cap. Also don't do that squishy squashing of lips together and back and forth a hundred times like when the models demo lipstick, that can push it outside of your lipline.

Respected Contributor

Recommend MAC liner in Mahogony with lipstick in Bronz Shimmer.  Both blend well. MAC liners are soft and blend perfectly. Have received many compliments from those I meet in supermarkets and also merchandise clerk at Ulta

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Good morning , I stopped lining my lips in my late 40's I didn't care for the way it was looking , now at 55 my lips need a bit of definition . I needed a lipbrush to replace my very old one and found at Target the Sonia Kashuk brushes on sale .  I purchased her dual-end one which is fabulous . One end is the usual  lip brush and the other end is a fine pointed tip to line the lips . I like it very much. I put my lipstick on with the brush then go over the edges with the fine point brush . It gives me the shape I'm looking for and because its my lipstick color no worries about color matching . I'm sure other companies make something similar , but this was about $10 . have a great day.

Valued Contributor

recently tried a lip liner  from signature club A. It is a chubby pencil and goes on  clear. I like it . It does keep lipstick from feathering . It is about 16 dollars , Looks like it will last a long time. I do like it .It is a new product in the line.

cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I don't put on my lipstick/gloss without first lining with this wonderful product! From ELF and only $3. I have lots of backups on this baby in case of "discontinued". A must have  for me.

Image result for elf liplock.

@silkyk

Thanks!

Of all the places around me that sell E.L.F. and I have never seen this product!  Either they don't order it or it sells out quickly.  It is definitely on my list. 

I buy all my elf products from their online site. This product is always sold out at the stores around me. I get a 6 pack so I never run out. They have free shipping days so sign up for their emails.

Regular Contributor
I use lip liners that are just a bit darker than my natural lip color and that's also what most of my lipsticks are too! I think we all do that to some extent... we realize that most of our lip products are just a variation of one shade.

Here are the lip liners that I recommend:

Revlon ColorStay lipliner (retractable)
Palladio lip liner (sharpen type, available @ Sally's)
Milani Easy liner for lips (retractable)
Wet n Wild Perfect Pout gel lip liner (retractable)

Also, I recommend checking out Emily Noel 83's YouTube video "Got 'Em From my Momma! Beauty Tips" around the 5 minutes mark, she talks about how to get your lipstick to stay put.
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

recently tried a lip liner  from signature club A. It is a chubby pencil and goes on  clear. I like it . It does keep lipstick from feathering . It is about 16 dollars , Looks like it will last a long time. I do like it .It is a new product in the line.

cathy from ma

@twinkies

Thanks for this recommendation!  Glad you found a nice product that works!