Highlighted
Honored Contributor

wet n wild lipliner 666......it is my go to lipliner and goes with everything. the color is brandywine. i use it almost every day.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XRh8LjUP1L0/TjQUyvoMHKI/AAAAAAAAEm0/7JstFwaiFbg/s1600/087.JPG

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Lip Lining - Questions

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

wet n wild lipliner 666......it is my go to lipliner and goes with everything. the color is brandywine. i use it almost every day.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XRh8LjUP1L0/TjQUyvoMHKI/AAAAAAAAEm0/7JstFwaiFbg/s1600/087.JPG

@sunshine45  That’s a great one! I use it in fall/winter when I tend to wear a little darker lipstick. Forgot that one. Thanks for reminder.

Honored Contributor

if you want a slightly lighter one, i also use wet n wild 712 WILLOW. also a great shade.

https://missnattysbeautydiary.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/80c52-lipswatches.jpg?w=172&h=200

Wet n Wild Willow Lip Pencil, MAC Hover Lip Pencil, MAC Subculture Lip Pencil and Sephora Nano #2 Lip Pencil.

https://missnattysbeautydiary.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/061c9-lippencil2.jpg?w=400&h=270

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I use e.l.f's invisible lip liner.  If you are using a color lip liner you try to match to the color of lipstick so it does not stand out.  Dark liner looks horrible with medium color lipstick.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I rarely wear lip liner but when I do, I like for it to match fairly closely. Although they’re not cheap, I like Lancôme lip liners, but only the kind that you actually sharpen, not screw up. In fact, I always prefer pencils that you must sharpen (with “wood”). The others always tear up or the color part breaks off or falls out. 

@Goldengate8361

Thank you.  I usually use the automatic ones because I hate the sharpening and find the shavings annoying, etc.  It's funny how different things work for us!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Moisture Renew Transparent Lip Liner by Rimmel. Looks white but goes on clear. Stops feathering. (bleeding)  About $6 at Walgreen's. I don't apply it totally on my lips but rather right smack dab along the very edge thus it also goes on the skin right along the outer edge of the lip. It's the only one I've ever tried that actually worked to stop that bleeding of color.

@shaggygirl

I have tried some Rimmel ones but don't think I tried that one.  Sounds good!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

This has solved all my problems

Mally Lip Sculpting Double Ended Pencil Duo - A275853

https://www.qvc.com/Mally-Lip-Sculpting-Double-Ended-Pencil-Duo.product.A275853.html?sc=SRCH

@Abrowneyegirl

Thank you!  I appreciate your suggestion!!! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I usually wear a lip primer and not a liner. I have very thin, almost invisible lips, so I need all the help I can get. I don't have a problem with bleeding but since my lips are so thin then my lipsticks just disappear. I 'cheat' when I apply my lipsticks to make my lips appear bigger than they really are. Applying the primer beyond my true lip line makes it possible for my lippies to stay put. Right now I using the NYX lip primer and other days I use the e.l.f. Lip Lock, which is a bit more waxy but I still like it.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Thanks!  I have been looking for the NYX primer, no go sofar.  And I buy a lot of E.L.F.products but have yet to see the Lip Lock.  Both products I would like to try!! 

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I do try to match my liner to my lip color so that I don't look like that 1990 look of a dark liner. BTW I like Jordana lip liners at Walgreens. They go on nicely and are quite cheap. Another trick that I do to keep my lip color looking fresh is I use Serious Skincare Instatox as my lip primer. It is supposed to be a face serum but it's really awful as a face serum. Been using it as a lip primer for years.

@Tricolor

Thanks!  That's so true -- that's why I generally don't like wearing liners as I hate that look when your lip color starts wearing off. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The only lip liner I use is a transparent one.  No color ... just prevents lipstick from "bleeding."

I get them from either The Body Shop or from Avon.  Both sell the transparent lip liner.   It's called "clear" at Avon.

They aren't always available ... so I usually buy a few each time so I don't run out. I currently have about six unopened ones on hand. (Or worst case scenario .... they are discontinued.)

@ALRATIBA

Thank you!  I tend to do that, also --- buying spares, I mean!!