Respected Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Not reading the comments but I will never stop wearing lipgloss - unless I decide not to! been wearing it my whole life, still love the look, taste and feel, and it's not going anywhere. I don't care what some makeup artist, or what any other makeup self-proclaimed expert thinks. What is in one year is out the next. Glossy, healthy looking lips will never completely disappear.

Wait, I just looked up the book, and you have it wrong, it is written by a woman, not that it changes my opinion. I just like to know the facts.

@Desi1, you are so right about the writer of this book.   I am in the process of reading two books about make-up for the more mature woman.   I got "Toss The Gloss" confused with one called "Staging Your Comeback'.   The latter one being written by Christopher Hopkins.  

Both of these books are actually pretty informative.    I think my preference is the one written by Mr. Hopkins.    He really touches on self esteem and continuing to be the best we can at any age.

For those of you who enjoy reading about make-up and fashion you might want to check your local library for this book.     The book was written in 2008 but the information is just as relevant in 2019.

Respected Contributor

I'm heading towards 71. I prefer lip gloss: I love how it feels and looks.

Honored Contributor

I just turned 60 last month, and I prefer a moisturizing lipstick. I do still like gloss, but generally don't wear them too much unless I have a lipstick that is more drying.....I do love however Skinn's 6X lip balms, and use those all the time! If I do wear gloss it has to have some color to it, not just be shiny......

Respected Contributor

The only people who have any say in what's on your lips are the people you're kissing. But AFAIC, once you've attained true crone status, you generally don't have to answer to anyone for your choices. My choice is to be a crone who wears lip gloss and to bin the advice of some beauty industry dinosaur who thinks we need to be dictated to.

Do what you want to do, and especially what makes you feel comfortable. You don't have to justify your decisions to anyone; that's Article 1 of the Crone Bill of Rights. Go for it--gloss, matte, satin, sparkly, or nakey-nakey. Just enjoy.

Valued Contributor

I love love love them, but would look like a clown, I'm sure. Unless there was a tutorial for older women on how to use them without looking nightmarish lol